[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any normal, well adjusted, gainfully employed people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1454556164637.jpg (55KB, 502x550px) Image search: [Google]
1454556164637.jpg
55KB, 502x550px
Are there any normal, well adjusted, gainfully employed people over the age of 25 on this board? I'm starting to feel like this board is just an echo chamber for teenagers in college and the unemployed, racist, and NEET.

Is there any reason for me to keep coming to this board at the age of 29 to try to give real advice, or should I just finally pull the plug?
>>
>>17388207
pull the plug, /adv/ is dead
>>
>>17388207
>27
>Graduated with Engineering
>Full Time Employment
>Have friends

Reason for coming is to dispense advice to others, and try and work out what I'm meant to do about a crush who has had a breakdown and how to support her, even though she doesn't answer my calls or texts anymore.
>>
>>17388207
>normalish
>gainfully self employed
>30
i come here to advise, as others have advised me
>>
>>17388268
What's your job?
>>
>>17388207
30, married, bought a home two years ago, college grad with steady agency marketing job.

Legitimate threads are few and far between. It's usually OP whining, then getting good advice, then refuting it because they didn't actually want advice, they just wanted to whine.

I lurk and wait for the few threads that seem like the OP is genuinely open to advice.
>>
If they're normal, well adjusted, and gainfully employed, what would they need advice for?
>>
40's, lawyer in Canada in private practise. I come here when I'm bored or drunk to give advice and start "ask me" thread.
>>
29 years old here

>normal
I can pretend. Does that count?

>well-adjusted
see above

>gainfully employed
On and off. I'd rather be a poorfag with lots of free time than work 8-5 every day for the rest of my life.
>>
>>17388283
Because there isn't a single person in the world who knows everything and never has a single problem.
>>
>>17388207
>30
>own house
>two jobs (by choice)
>fiancée
>starting own company
>kids
>come here to give advice
>>
>>17388207
26 and employed as a HR Assistant. I'm nerdy but so are my friends and that suits me fine. Going to their house Tuesday to play fun board games.

Define normal though? Well adjusted is a given but a lot of people here would tend to have some quirk in some form.
>>
>25
>engaged
>homeowner
>few friends
>college grad
>steady job
>not sure what you consider gainful, but I work 28-32 hrs a week and make 60k a year so you be the judge
>closet nerd

I have been browsing 4chan since I was 16. I can leave for a while but I always end up coming back. I like this board for venting and giving advice. I think I look pretty normal to an outsider. I can go out with friends and be social but sometimes I put on a hoodie and my biggest pair of sunglasses and drive around looking for pokestops.
>>
30. Well adjusted for the most part and pretty normal. The last few years since my father died I've kind of become a shell of my former self and somewhat of a shut-in, but I still know how to be a functioning person in society. Always had plenty of friends. Been in several long term relationships. Slept with quite a few women. I had a pretty good upbringing and I think I have a good amount of life experience. So I think there's a few things I can give advice on. I don't expect people to follow it but I just hope it gives them an idea.

I have a good job, a house that's paid for, a good amount of savings. Anytime I mention these things in threads that it's pertinent I get called a wageslave. So I get what you're saying about the NEET's and underage idiots with no life experiences being annoying.
>>
>39
>well paid job and generally good life
>been on 4chan since the beginning since you can't leave
>see versions of my younger aspie sperglord self on /adv/ and try to give advice I would have given to my younger self

/adv/ is still a decent board. After all the trolls and shitposters, there are genuine people here as well.
>>
>>17388207

There are plenty. The thing is that so many of the threads on this board are poorly written fiction (and not even interesting poorly written fiction), and I just get nothing out of helping a fictional character with his fictional problems. I suspect other oldfags feel similarly.

When I see a genuine thread, I'm more than happy to help if I can, but there are fewer and fewer of those. 4chan is becoming largely a place where teens go to lie, and the different boards are just partitions for different kinds of lies. The /adv/ board is for teens pretending they have a soap-opera-worthy crisis in their lives ("I just found out that my boyfriend is my long lost brother! What should I do??"), and so I often have to sift through a dozen such threads to find someone actually looking for advice.
>>
Why not ignore the the cess and only give advice in the quality threads?

Most people who are normal, well adjusted, and gainfully employed aren't going to need advice from a chinese image board very often
>>
>>17388207
Don't bother

I used to give advice here, but I found increasingly that people who post here don't actually want advice; they just want people to agree with them. You can type out a whole essay of very well-thought-out advice, and the OP will invariably ignore you for a few one-liners that say what OP wants to hear.

The majority of the posters are fucking idiots too. I used to give advice, but I just shitpost here now. I enjoy watching this shithole burn continuously.
>>
>>17388275
This. Most threads are
>tfw no gf
Or
>why did people react in a negative way to a negative thing I did?

But there are threads with good advice as well as threads where the op has a ridiculous problem that could be in a Seinfeld episode.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.