[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when you like a girl more than as a friend,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1454806761054.jpg (273KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1454806761054.jpg
273KB, 800x609px
What does it mean when you like a girl more than as a friend, but don't have romantic feelings for her either?

Greentext story in next post
>>
>>17388065
>be friends with girl for two years
>liked each other when we first met, but I had a gf at the time
>two years later, we still hang out often and still talk good morning to good night
>she confesses she's in love with me but I don't reciprocate
>can't even say I like-like her, but still lead her on by being flirty with her and still hanging out a lot
>one drunken night I make out with her and from there we start dating
>all this time I still feel like I don't have romantic feelings for her but want it to happen
>she tells me she's leaving the country for a very long time
>I muster up the courage to tell her about the above, that I just don't feel the same way for her even though I want to
>she says that maybe we shouldn't talk anymore, and that she should just go to the airport without telling me because goodbye is too painful
>I say she can't do that, that would be too much for me
>she asks why, I spontaneously start crying while saying "you mean so much to me" over and over
>yet even today, if someone asked me if I liked her and I had to say yes or no, it'd be no
>yet, she is obviously more to me than just a best friend, or just some other girl

Help me please, /adv/
>>
File: IMG_112271959808824.jpg (15KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_112271959808824.jpg
15KB, 341x341px
>>17388095
>>
>>17388065
It's called let her live her fucking life. If you're so sure that you don't like her in a romantic way, then you should cut contacts with her, otherwise she will never get out of this.
You spent years sending her mixed signals, then you got into a relationship with her, while still not really feeling that way. If you keep talking to her, she'll never lose the hope that someday you might reciprocate. She needs some time away from you, otherwise she'll be trapped in this shitty situation and it will just hurt her.
I'm sorry but you'll have to be without your bff, at least for some months.It's for her own good.
>>
>>17388214
You're absolutely right, but I don't know why I'm hung up on her. She's more than just a friend. Yet I can't go the other way either.
>>
You don't need a word for it, for it to be what it is. Just describing the feeling is totally OK.

People love and care in ways much more complex than the "acquaintance", "friend", "close friend", "girlfriend" categories that people popularly lump relationships into. Open or poly relationships for example are far more nuanced.
>>
your bad """""best friend""""" OP
if you were good best friend you would ask for advice from her first. not from /adv/ or anyone else
>>
File: 354.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>>17388105
I didn't come here for feels, this is the first time I felt this feeling.

you really have yourself in a deep pickle here anon. You really should try to deeply explore how you feel for her and then act based off of that. I do believe that you should decide whether or not to stay together before she leaves.
>>
>>17388905
Thanks Anon. She's leaving for about a year. My hope was that we'd stay in this weird dating limbo until she left, and then the time apart would be enough time for us to sort things out. But she's getting increasingly worried as her departure date gets closer, forcing unpleasant conversations like "what am I to you", which I still can't answer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.