[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friend started dating my crush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: 1468975889949.jpg (278KB, 744x744px) Image search: [Google]
1468975889949.jpg
278KB, 744x744px
Hi /adv/. I'm having trouble dealing with something. I'll greentext as short as I can:
>meet girl in some group
>I think she's really cool but I don't get to see her often
>see her more often this year
>ask her out to some event she's interested in but she can't go (though at least acts upset about how she can't and has a legit excuse)
>still getting along pretty good with her, realize we have stuff in common
>start to really like her
>notice some other guy from the group who's kind of friends with me appears to flirt with her
>I don't worry about that because I don't see him having a chance with her
>ask her out for coffee, she says she's busy but that we should chat online later
>I assume she's not interested in me but I still like her, I wait til I get to see her again in person but I don't text her and she doesn't either of course
>She doesn't go to this group for the next week
>Yesterday this other guy I mentioned, suddenly tells me "Yah I went out with her yesterday, we had a good time, and we are gonna meet again".

This hit me really bad. I mean I don't think too highly of myself but I at least think I'm better than this guy. I mean he's a total autist and he's not all that likable imo. I would really prefer if the girl was dating someone else I don't know or at least someone who's more objectively better than me, but I can't believe she's dating this guy. And it sucks because I have to keep going to this group and that means I'll keep seeing him and maybe her too. My self esteem is at an all time low right now. My life has been kind of shitty lately for some other reasons so this news was too much.
Any advice on how to deal with this?

TL;DR: Some guy friend who's definitely lower tier than me, started dating a girl I have a crush on
>>
>definitely lower tier than me
Incorrect.
>>
>>17387903
explain pls
>>
More plausible TL;DR: arrogant anon receives dose of reality.
>>
>>17387913
Arrogant? So you yourself consider yourself to be worse than absolutely everyone else I assume. Otherwise you are arrogant.
>>
>>17387897

>he's a total autist and below me
>says the man sperging out on on a thaiwanese sushi photo trading board

Cheers for the hearty chortle OP
>>
>>17387922
>sperging out on on a thaiwanese sushi photo trading board
basically what you are doing
>>
>>17387917
Reading comprehension is not your forte.
>>
>>17387929
I asked for advice as I wrote in the OP, also the board is called "advice". Learn to read yourself.
>>
>>17387897

Remember that whatever you value might not be as valuable as what she values.

Let me give you an example:

Guy A is smart, courteous and generally likeable but shy

Guy B is fun, outgoing and charismatic yet a prick

From either perspective, guy A values his characteristics more than guy B's and viceversa (Assuming neither have a confidence problem), because we are humans and we value certain qualities differently than others.

There is no 'objectively better', a girl who likes people like guy A will hate guy B, and viceversa. Or she might swing both ways, etc etc.
What I'm trying to say is people don't view the world through your lens because the world isn't how you view it, everyone has their own reality, and clearly she just happens to value him more relatively to you but maybe the next girl down the road won't.
>>
>>17387933
Some of those words are too big for OP.
>>
OP, you can self-deprecate all you want, but that doesn't preclude you from acting arrogant. The fact that you think there is an objective "ranking" for guys makes me think you haven't dated much. It really depends on the girl and her interests.
>>
>>17388205
wow you sound like a true expert
how about some actual advice
>>
>>17388219
people have different tastes
maybe you simply weren't her type

it's that simple
>>
>>17387933
>>17388233
>>17388205
theses guys are right, OP. also for advice on how to "cope" with this? fucking get over it, guy. it's not like this girl was your girlfriend. i'm assuming you've not so much as kissed her or anything, you haven't invested anything maor into this, so this shouldn't be a huge deal.
>>
>>17388281
"get over it" is pretty shitty advice
>>
>>17388302
It's the only advice that can be given. There is literally nothing OP can do here. She chose someone else and that's the end of the story.
>>
File: 1468204490668.jpg (25KB, 353x372px) Image search: [Google]
1468204490668.jpg
25KB, 353x372px
>>17388302
>>17388219
>>17387897

So the problem is people here are giving you some advice thats hard to swallow and your reaction to it, instead of participating in even a minuscule amount of introspection is to lash out and behave like a petulant child.

The reality is she liked this guy more than you. The reality is that YOUR perception of people's worth has absolutely no bearing on actual reality. People do what they want regardless of your inability to understand it.

We're telling you to "get over it" not as a lazy piece of vague advice but as a general idea that might benefit you to hold on in future situations. There is no special technique to get over feeling spurned or feeling like people around you get the things you feel you deserve instead. There is nothing you can do to not feel that way but what IS in your control is to learn to navigate these situations with dignity and maturity, which, you are currently not doing.

So, in short, instead of behaving like a pissy fucking child and coming down on us for not coddling you during your hissy fit, accept the situation for what it is and move on.

The world doesn't owe you a convenient explanation for your failures just because your self-esteem is shit.

Move on, anon, and in the future if you want to be told you're right and everyone else is wrong and mean go to your mom for advice, not us.
>>
>>17387913
This. OP is not as great a guy as he thinks he is.
>>
>>17388432
t. sperg 4chan virgin
also tl;dr
>>
>>17388450
neither are you, kill yourself
>>
>>17387897
Went out as in a date or just hung out?
Regardless most people see dates as a way of getting to know someone and most girls will go on dates with multiple people until find one they really like. There could still be a chance given what little information you gave us. Keep doing what you've been doing (maybe be a little less passive about it). Don't talk shit about someone else because he went on a date with her that's childish. Realize your worth and her loss and move on if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>17388471
Thanks but I'm not talking shit about him because he went on a date, I didn't consider him a really likable person before this either. And of course I'm only saying this here on the internet.
I'm not really sure if it was a date or just hanging out now, maybe he made it sound more serious than it was.
I think I'm the one who currently knows him the most in this group we are a part of (which is a charity group btw) and it sucks that I will have to keep seeing him. I don't know if I should just tell him to fuck off if he keeps telling me about how he goes out with her. I'm not sure if he knows I like the girl or not but he told me he went out with her out of nowhere.
>>
this is what you get for being indirect

you can say the other nigger is a total autist, but you're one too. normally, if you're interested in a girl you make it pretty obvious to her otherwise she will simply assume you don't like her in that way.
>>
if i learned anything from my horrible experiences with women is that you CANNOT wait around. flirt with her the first fuckin time. dont even mention the word friend. show interest immediatly
>>
>>17389163
I said in the OP that I asked her out. How more direct can you get? do you men telling her "I'm in love with you"? I'm pretty sure she knows I like her unless she's an autist herself.
>>
>>17387933
Well put.

This is how the world works whether you like it or not. The sooner you start playing by the rules of the world, the sooner you'll find peace.
>>
>>17389439
When did 4chan suddenly go from "girls want normie chads REEEEEEEE" to "girls have different tastes"
>>
>>17387897
ITT: OP can't cope with rejection and has dunning kruger
>>
>>17389462
that must have been around the point, when 4chan decided 2D girls are better than 3D ones. maybe a few weeks later, but not too long.
>>
>>17388492
Leave the group and cut contact op, it's not worth the pain of seeing them together trust me I've been in your situation before. Think to yourself and ask yourself if you can handle seeing them together across the room, flirting, cuddling, kissing, and just completely ignoring you. The best course of action is to leave the group and move on.
>>
>>17388302
hahahahaha
It's called life fuckhead

What are you gonna do about it, confront him? or heaven forbid, confront her? Just leave it man oneitis is a lie
>>
>>17389462
When more and more neurotypicals started posting (without lurking, of course) coming directly here after seeing all the dank memes, reddit links and the fappening.

Personally i miss the time when the 4chan wasn't serious business and when people didn't care so much about who you were in real life.
>>
I actually am in the opposite situation of you, OP.

>Meet model girl
>pretty uninterested in her
>friend sees that I'm talking to her and likes her
>He likes her and even asks if he can talk to her for some reason
>Seeing my friend talk to the girl makes me kind if jealous
>Start talking to the girl again
>completely take her away from him
>I'm now dating her
>like her a lot
>Friend messages me and her
>gets angry but acts like he has no right to be
>girl calls him a pussy
>I realize that my friend is a beta
>no longer good friends with the guy

So out of this, learn that you would've done the same thing as your friend and learn that you take what you want or you get walked over.
>>
>>17387936
Underrated post.
>>
>>17387897
You're a cuck. Kill yourself
>>
>>17387897
One day you'll learn that what you think your value is, and what a girl thinks your value is are two completely different things.

Don't get hung up on this shit, focus on improving yourself and becoming a more mature, something will come your way. It's not worth trying to figure out what she sees in him.
>>
Lol...dude you need to accept that what you oercieve as good looking and not for a dude is conpletely different from a girls perspective. We all have different tastes. Some girls like tall dark Mediterranean looking dudes or short stocky Germanic looking dudes...some like nerds or metalheads...you never know
>>
>>17388302
>"get over it" is pretty shitty advice
Oh hang on: you're one of thoses fuckers who come here and expect hear what you want to.
Grow up, she liked that guy, not you. Move on.
>>
>>17391820
Why do you keep bumping this thread, retard
>>
>>17387917
That's not what arrogant means, stop instantly projecting at the people you just asked to help you out.

Maybe he isn't strung up about being better or worse than everyone else in the world because he isn't insecure little shithead.
Maybe your self esteem wouldn't be at "an all time low" if you stop being strung up about it too and learned that life isn't being better or worse but an interconnected network of personal values among unique, separate, but equal individuals.

You got your reality check, now's the time to be a big boy about it and grow.
>>
>>17391857
Get off /adv/ and kill yourself today.
>>
>>17391884
I think I know why OP was rejected...
>>
OP you're obviously a total piece of shit. This girl prefers the other guy over you, and it's not hard to see why. He's better than you, and you refuse to see what's right in front of you. Clearly you're just mad that no one here is towing the line you expected.

You've already gotten the right advice; get over it. She just doesn't like you that way.
>>
>>17392574
>calling someone a piece of shit
>anonymously on 4chan
sure that'll show em!
>>
OP here. I posted this yesterday, why is everyone still so triggered about it?
>>
>>17391188
its kind of funny how jelousy can make you do things you normally wouldn't. In high school I did that to 2 of my friends but I guess I'm just a dick. I actually live with both of them now, one of the friends still acts like an entitled faggot so I fuck him over every chance I can get. I want him the fuck out of my life but he won't leave.

OP needs to just move on, there plenty of women out there and maybe leaving your group will make it easier for you. Pick up some new hobbys and meet new women
>>
>>17387897
>TL;DR: Some guy friend who's definitely lower tier than me, started dating a girl I have a crush on

This type of attitude is a turn off for some women, and it can be easy to spot just by observing how you conduct yourself.
>>
>>17387897
tale as old as time

move on, she doesn't deserve you, etc.

fuck her (not literally of course, as in ignore she exists)

/thread
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.