[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiding Away from Home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (401KB, 1940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401KB, 1940x1200px
I was born and grew up in a megacity in the US. There's only like three so hopefully this won't be hard to visualize. The standard of success in these places is just so high. Everything is more expensive, jobs in cool industries are hard to get, your competition with getting a girl or just having any amount of social command may or may not be movie stars, elite athletes, wealthy lawyers/CEOs, and just super-chads.

I grew up in a place like this and frankly felt the gut instinct that I couldn't "hang". So when it was time to go to college, I moved across the country in a more "townie" type of place. No movie stars, no mega chads, easy for me to be "somebody" with just a day job and a college degree and OK looks.

But man I fuckig miss home. I might have an opportunity to move back soon, but I don't know if I want to go back. It's so wonderful and amazing there, but I wouldn't be able to afford a decent place like I can now, and I'd just constantly be cucked by Super Chads here. My friends want me to come home, my parents do, they say it'd be good for me rather than living "in the middle of nowhere", but I just don't want to deal with constantly being face-to-face with good looking millionaires and successful celebrities facing their dreams.

What do? Pic related
>>
>>17387663
>* cucked by super chads there
>* celebrities chasing their dreams
>>
>>17387663
What do you want to be when you grow up? It is possible to have a modestly successful career and life as a lawyer or dentist or store manager or engineer (or plumber or truck driver or garbageman) even in LA - as long as you stop measuring yourself against the actually very small number of Beautiful People.
>>
>>17387685
No idea, just graduated college with a mediocre paper-pushing job. I always dreamed of being a creative director at an ad firm or something.

>very small number of beautiful people

It's a lot bigger than you think :(
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.