[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

addiction in family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1464227748144.jpg (249KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1464227748144.jpg
249KB, 640x1136px
So I grew up with an alcoholic brother and a junkie brother.
Both sobered up when I was a teen, they got their shit together, got married, had kids, etc. Then last year my father died and they both relapsed again. One of them is in remission again but the other one has made no effort. The one that made no effort divorced his wife, quit his job, came to my mom's house and brings his junkie girlfriends over to fuck and get high all day.
I've gotten countless things stolen to the point where I literally carry my laptop and my videogame consoles back and forth to my boyfriend's house when I am not home.
My mom has been too depressed about my dad's tragic passing to do/say anything to him. But this happened the other day:
>Coming back home from boyfriend's house during nightime
>See my dad's jeep trunk door fully opened, think nothing of it, as my brother is probably in there with his junkie gf
>Go inside, start remembering that the week before our neighbor got robbed
>ask mom "hey is (my brother's name) home?"
>"i think he went outside why?"
>"oh nothing just noticed my dad's jeep door is fully opened and i wanted to make sure nobody was snooping in"
>"mom went outside to the car, I followed after her thinking she was just going to check on the car
>she sees brother smoking dope, gets fed up of all the crap he's done over the year
>she goes apeshit, try to hold her back but im merely a short skinny girl
>She goes back, grabs a lawnchair, and throws it at him
>I tell brother to get the fuck out the house and take his bitch with him and to never bring her back
>a few days later he's back and everything is back to the same, bro just smoking dope all day and mom too scared to do anything about it

I want to move out so fucking bad as living with this family has made living with Chron's disease close to impossible. But since my mom has severe arthritis I am her primary caregiver when she comes back home stiff from work.
What do I do?
>>
get the government to supply your mom with a caregiver, while simultaneously moving out.
>>
I was in a similar situation, OP. It was my mom instead of a sibling though.
I was living with my grandmother during my last few years of high school because I had nowhere else to go. My Mom, who is a raging alcoholic/drug addict/thief moved in with us after leaving her boyfriend. She stole from me, lashed out at me constantly, fucked random guys in my bed, etc. My grandmother was too afraid to do anything about it.
I eventually was able to move in with my SO, but not everyone has that option. I would advise you get out as quickly as you can though. Living in a toxic environment like that takes a hefty emotional toll, and it will start to affect every aspect of your life.
If you really don't want to leave your mother have you considered having him TDO'd?
>>
>>17387007

Your mom is being trapped by her need to take care of her kids. You need to help her to see that the way she's behaving now is not actually taking care of him, and is really only hurting him.

You basically need to stage an intervention (sort of) for your mom, where it's you and some friends of hers, and you need to all tell her that continuing to support her druggie son is hurting him, and that the time has come to plan how he will be forced to leave and forced to stay away, and what strategies will be used to both direct him towards help yet refuse to be his enabler.
>>
Get him busted for possession and theft. It may not be optimal, but if you press charges against him you may be able to force him to go to rehab in lieu of jailtime.

The plus side is he will be out of the house, no matter which way things go down.
>>
>>17387027
>>17387089
I wish I could move out easily. My SO and I want to move out together, but he actually has no reason to move out of his perfect parents' home. We also live in San Diego and rent is sky high here. Working while going to school won't cover rent much less living costs.

>>17387164
>>17387164
I do intervene her almost everyday. I talk to her and tell her that overprotecting my brother does no good to him, as he will keep taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't actually need to stop. Her excuse is that if she throws him out, that he will end up dead on the street. She also always have that small hope that he will change, like he did before. I tell her that if he doesn't change his ways then yes, he will likely end up dead or in jail. She lost her patience the other day but now it's back to point zero. Other family members have tried to talk to her as well and she just gets defensive. I love my mom and she is a very very smart woman but she is not making the wisest decisions right now since her mind is clouded by my dad's passing
>>
>>17387240
This

Time for a wake-up call
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.