[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_4532.jpg (549KB, 1403x2139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4532.jpg
549KB, 1403x2139px
What is raising a boy like? I don't know how to camp, hunt, fish, or do any manly things. I never played any team sports in my life. I didn't have a good father figure and I think it really hurt me as a kid and right up into my twenties -- I was awkward, stupid and never able to get a girlfriend or act in a confident manner.

I fear that when I become a father, I might be passing on these traits to my son. I don't want him to be as clueless and stupid as I was and I don't want him to follow the media's latest trends and turn into a tranny.

How do I accomplish this? Or am I totally unprepared and unfit for the role? Can you raise a tough, confident, assertive man without knowing how to go camping or hunting?
>>
File: 1395181760927.jpg (138KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1395181760927.jpg
138KB, 820x820px
>>17385519
Believe it or not camping and hunting aren't the top alpha male traits.
>>
>>17385519
I'm gonna raise my kids on video games and P90X.
>>
>>17385530
>found the pussy

>>17385534
>p90x

Sounds pretty dope. Make sure to get him on weight training though. You don't want him to be some pussy like this guy >>17385530
>>
>>17385519
>manly things
whatever , just spend time with him and love him.
do your best
>>
>>17385539
>being a beta
>giving advice
pick one

>>17385549
his best is clearly shit and he wants to improve that
>>
>>17385530
This. What do you want to learn your son, that being a man means being able to do this specific thing and having this specific hobby? Or that it's about perseverance and courage and being true to yourself?

You can still learn to do these things. Surely most boys would love to do shit like that with their dad. But thinking it's the core of masculinity is rather shallow and insulting. Is being a good woman about playing with dolls?
>>
>>17385551
>using the terms alpha and beta
>kek

Only retards subscribe to that shit bro.
>>
>>17385558
And to trigger other retards >bro :^)
>>
>>17385519

Whatever you do, don't raise him to be a little faggot like these guys:

>>17385530
>>17385534
>>17385549
>>17385554
>>17385558
>>
>>17385554
No, it's about being good in the kitchen, being pretty and quiet, and knowing how to please a man.

Men raised by women cannot function socially. I know because I was one. Girls would show interest in me in class, I'd fall in love immediately, and I'd promptly be rejected for being creepy and desperate. Someone has to teach boys to be men because their value isn't in their looks, it's in their behavior.
>>
>>17385566
SAY THAT TO MY FACE PUSSY.

That's right bitch, act all tough behind your computer.
>>
>>17385566
>mwf cucks get offended
>>
File: 1398867617015.gif (860KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1398867617015.gif
860KB, 400x225px
>>17385571
Sry OP, didn't mean to shit on your thread.

That is pretty fucked up description of what girls should be. Not sorry anymore, I'll keep shitting
>>
>>17385571
You sure have low standards.

And why should the most important behavior for a man should not be standing up for what he believes in, being loyal to friends, whatever else you want to include, more than this extreme emphasis on knowing how to fish or shoot a deer? That's shit anyone can learn. Building character is what most never learn.
>>
>>17385530

My SO's dad takes his daughters camping and hunting, but not his sons.
>>
>>17385584
That's the thing, you don't learn these things by yourself, playing video games. You learn them through good examples, in situations that demand leadership and confidence, improvisation and technical knowhow.
>>
File: 1437122732642.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px)
1437122732642.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>17385585
top kek
>>17385584
>pic
>>
>>17385599

Hence why his sons are married and submissive to their wives and his daughters are nothing to trifle with .. as I would know..
>>
>>17385571
This. Men have to be strong and tough, not just to get women, but for their own mental wellbeing as well. A man that is not strong and tough enough to physically handle himself, a man who could not defend himself in a fight, a man who has no PRIDE, will always face bitterness, depression, self-doubt, anger.

>>17385573
Nigger what I'm saying is the truth, believe it or don't, I don't give a fuck.

>>17385575
Nah mate I think you'll find it's you that's the cuck.

>>17385582
He's right though, women should be home-makers - it's been like that for fucking thousands of years.

By the way, keep watching the Hodgetwins because they're good and they'll make you grow some fucking balls you pansy-ass faggot.

>>17385584
>standing up for what he believes in
That's literally a pussy thing that women have invented so you can pretend to yourself that you're a man. Unless by "standing up for" you mean "could fight another man in hand to hand combat for" then you're a faggot.
>being loyal to friends
Again, that's extremely faggy.

You're right that character makes a man but being some feminine fag who "stands up for things" (I assume you mean women's rights because you're a fag) does not make you a man.

>>17385585
Then he's a faggot who's raising his kids wrong

>>17385598
Yup, leadership, confidence, improvisation are all good skills a man should learn

>>17385607
Yup so he definitely is a faggot and is raising his kids wrong
>>
>>17385598
Obviously you should coach them and teach them things, but I fail to see the importance of them being this specific ultimate male stereotype things.

Besides, let's be real here. What kind of confidence does it take to shoot at an animal from afar with your gun? What kind of leadership does it take to set up a tent? It escapes me how these are much more meaningful than countless other activities you can do together, other than that they play into the stereotypical picture.

And as I said in my first post, I don't think there's anything against choosing those, most boys would be thrilled to experience at least some of those things (I think teaching how to enjoy fishing to a standard kid who is used to constant consoles would be a big challenge), I just think OP places too much importance on the romantic picture on surface level as opposed to what's lying underneath.
>>
>>17385627
>I fail to see the importance of them being this specific ultimate male stereotype things.
That's because you're a fag who's been raised by a woman or by a effeminate male
>>
File: 1427852437088.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427852437088.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>17385607
Because he failed as a parent clearly.
>>17385626
no u r the cuck xDDxd

>being older than 13
>watching the hodgetwins
pik uno
idk if this is bait or a retard
>>
>>17385637
Well I used to go to the gym and when I did I watched them for inspiration and guidance

My mate who's built like a brick shithouse (we're in our 20s by the way) also watches them

So I fail to see what your point is. I bet they make you feel real puny and small don't they, which is why you're hating on them ;)
>>
>>17385626
tl;dr

Seriously not gonna read all that bro.
>>
>>17385648
Each reply is entirely separate, you're only meant to read the reply to your post

The gist of what I'm saying to people is that boys need a strong father who will teach them how to take care of themselves, how to stand up for themselves in the face of bullies (something I failed to do, which haunts me forever because I know I'm a pathetic sack of shit), etc. How to be a man.
>>
>>17385636
Okay. Keep telling yourself that masculinity is in your props.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 230x219px)
images.jpg
6KB, 230x219px
>>17385647
Your insecurity is showing.
I don't get why people boats about going to a gym & being jacked
That is such a low level accomplishment.
And the parts about being able to defend yourself physically? Have you heard about guns?
Fuck betas and their homo-erotic partners in they fucking safe-space gym.
>>
>>17385585
So his sons grew up neglected sociopaths and his daughters were traumatized after being molested in the woods by their father and his friends? Good to know.
>>
>>17385664
In your props? I don't understand what that means

Anyway it seems your argument is "lol i dont see y u do dis stuf 2 be man u jus need 2 luv urself :) xD xD"

>>17385666
Do you have a gun? If so that's pretty dope

I don't think you do though because if you did you would have testicles, and if you had testicles you would know that fighting other men and going to the gym is masculine as fuck

Dunno. Maybe you're just some fat fuck with a gun who feels emasculated by men who are tougher and stronger than him.
>>
>>17385690
In your accessories, as opposed to who you are.

You're lucky it's not in reading skills at least.
>>
>>17385698
Never heard that expression mate, must be an Americanism I'm guessing

Anyway let's look at what you said:
>What kind of confidence does it take to shoot at an animal from afar with your gun? What kind of leadership does it take to set up a tent? It escapes me how these are much more meaningful than countless other activities you can do together, other than that they play into the stereotypical picture.

See this is why you're a fag. If you weren't a fag you would see how beneficial it is for a boy's confidence to shoot and kill an animal. How beneficial it is to set up a tent and be able to survive by himself in the wilderness if needs be.

You don't HAVE to do those specific activities, you could teach him to play sport instead, but he needs to do SOMETHING masculine or he will go off the rails and be a faggot like so many millennial """""men""""" (best to call them boys I guess) these days
>>
>>17385571
So, ab sex robot?

And what if I don't have the talent to be a leader? also e leaders looks like shit in my eyes
>>
>>17385690
>fighting other men and going to the gym is masculine as fuck

Again going to your safe space gym with your homo-eroticpartner to pick up and put down these heavy yet perfectly shaped (for you) things is not masculine. You do it out of narcisissm, to look better naked which is a very feminine thing.

I'm actually a /fit/fag, yet I don't see immature pricks like you there.

>>17385710
You gotta do retarded brute shit to not be a fag.
too true anon
>>
>>17385716
Nah, or you do it to be bigger and stronger so you can stand up for yourself, have more presence, have more confidence. If you're a /fit/fag surely you'd know this?

>You gotta do retarded brute shit to not be a fag.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm just saying what I think - if a father doesn't show his son some masculine activities to do he'll grow up to be a faggot (like me, who has to try and get into activities himself to get some confidence)
>>
>>17385725
An alpha would get bigger and stronget so he could stand up for the weaker. We aren't in the fucking medieval times get that shit trought your head.

>if a father doesn't show his son some masculine activities to do he'll grow up to be a faggot
How about standing up for something and improving yourself instead of killing animals in the fucking forest?
Because anon, you are going to live in a society, with people not in the woods.
>>
>>17385752
>An alpha would get bigger and stronget so he could stand up for the weaker.
Nah an alpha would get bigger and stronger for himself. Why the fuck would an alpha give a fuck about other people?

>We aren't in the fucking medieval times get that shit trought your head.
Nature isn't restricted to any certain time-period anon

>How about standing up for something and improving yourself instead of killing animals in the fucking forest?
Wow you're a confirmed cuck. "Standing up for something" - as I said you probably mean something like women's rights which makes you a cuck. Virtue signalling.
>instead of killing animals in the fucking forest?
Killing animals puts you in touch with nature anon, it shows you what reality really is - this makes you a man. Not that you'd understand, because you're a faggot.
>>
>>17385773
literally the /fit/ alpha comic meme

>Nature isn't restricted to any certain time-period anon
You aren't nature, faggot you are restricted in the here and now probably no more than 60years more

You can stand up to whatever the fuck you want as long as you have the facts to support that.

>Killing animals puts you in touch with nature
You aren't in nature, you are in a fucking city in your degenerate dorm or apartment living comfy and acting tough on the internet
>>
>>17385812
At least I can admit the TRUTH rather than some faggot cleansed version of the truth that you are attached to

That pic, for instance - definitely not true. An actual alpha would just shit all over everybody. I read something recently written by a therapist who runs a group counselling session for CEOs. And it said how they will always take every opportunity to put each other down, even in very subtle ways - e.g. if they give advice it will actually be to try and put them down, to try and fuck with them.

That's what an alpha male is. Someone who wants to win. How much of a faggot are you that you think "helping others" is important? You might think it's honourable to do that - yes, it probably is. But the most masculine thing you could do is to not give a shit about anybody else. That's what ultimate alpha males do my friend.
>>
File: Full69525.jpg (245KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Full69525.jpg
245KB, 800x800px
>>17385844
No, anon, that is just being a dick.
good luck with being the
>ultimate alpha
>>
>>17385878
At least what I'm saying is true. The ultimate alpha would be e.g. a criminal kingpin. Somebody who gives NO fucks about anybody else. Someone who is THE strongest person. Anything else just means you're a faggot, to be honest.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.