[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suffering auditory hallucinations. Is there any low level help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (76KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 900x900px
I lived with my grandmother for about two years after graduating college. I moved out a couple of months ago.

Recently, past two weeks or so, I've been hearing her voice, usually when trying to concentrate on something. The voice isn't compelling me to do anything, in fact, while I can make out individual words, the "messages" as a whole are always stuttering gibberish. It's extremely worrying and more than a little annoying.

Is there any way to banish this without serious medication, which I'm more than a little leery of?
>>
Well I have auditory hallucinations and im on medication now but I battled it without medication for a few years I checked myself into a mental ward twice and they medicated me but then I would stop taking the medications thinking it would go away. the times I checked in I was hearing multiple voices and it was driving me bonkers. I think john nash may either live with his hallucinations now knowing they aren't real or they went away . I also read somewhere that like 40% of peoples go away without medication but only time will tell.
>>
OP here again, 2 other points to add that may or may not be relevant:

1) stuttering gibberish is pretty in line with grand mom's regular speaking patterns, it often takes 2-3 passes to grasp her points.

2) one of the major irritances of living with grandmom was her inability to tell when I was working from home, and then interrupting me.

I think at least partially, in my amateur way, that this is my brain artificially recreating a former environment. Don't know if that happens though.
>>
>>17385160
I usually hear my ex girlfriends voice and a lot of the time its not discernible. I read somewhere that it has to do with synaptic pruning and the brain pruning the wrong synapses.
>>
just don't believe whatever the voices tell you its bull shit made up in your head from what I've found.
>>
>>17385178
I can't even understand the voice. The main problem is it becomes hard to focus on things.
>>
like if its comforting stuff you can take that for what its worth but if its disturbing stuff Id say just let it go. From what I can tell its just me trying to make sense of the sounds in my head. I loved my ex girlfriend dearly so it may be some kind of coping mechanism. I broke up with her in college for stupid reasons partly because I was testing to see if there was a god and would let me fail in a great relationship and the other part because I wanted to slut around in college but I really don't think I wanted that and haven't really had any relationships since. I miss her dearly though and know I made a mistake so maybe this is my brains way of coping.
>>
>>17385194
yeah it can make it hard. the main things medications do is just blunt the voices so they are not as noticeable. I've noticed that after sleeping the voices will go away for some time usually so if your like this you could try studding right after you sleep.
>>
Like the main side affects of resperdone which im on is sleeping too much. Weight gain and possibility of muscle cramps or stiff ness and the possibility of growing tits. But I figure if I grow tits I can just play with them more.
>>
I haven't grown tits yet or had muscle cramps and stiffness but I do sleep a lot like 12 hours. I'm on a pretty high dosage of resperdone though.
>>
They are going to be starting me on a new medication though cant remember the name it starts with a C I think not sure what the side effects of it will be but I hope they are not as bad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.