[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nolstalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1460037477343.png (27KB, 240x185px) Image search: [Google]
1460037477343.png
27KB, 240x185px
How often do you guys visit nolstalgic memories, whether it be in your head, or physically in real life?

I find myself thinking about it at night the older I get, and still will sometimes plug in my N64 to play Banjo Kazooie, Zelda, etc. Ive beaten the games to completion, but I still log in just to walk around and go to different stages to listen to the music or just enjoy the state of mind it gives me.

But at the same time I'm really depressed that I'll never have the experience again, and it really bums me out. Is reminiscing unhealthy?
>>
>>17384918
Constantly. I live in the past. All I listen to is 80's music. My hair and clothes are 70s style. I play 90's videogames. I'm only attracted to girls with vintage hairstyles.
I'm pretty sure it's not healthy.
>>
>>17384918
I only visit the past for nostalgia if I'm already in a happy mood. Otherwise like you said, it would cause depression if I try to relive it.
>>
>>17384918
Apologies in advance for the fuckin essay.

I have a weird relationship with nostalgia.

I'm under no illusions about the nature of time. I don't believe in the concept of "the good old days", and it pisses me off when people glorify the past as if their personal golden age wasn't rife with its own era-specific problems. Things get better and things get worse; the majority of people who do this tend to use their childhood or teenage years as a reference point, which are always periods in their life when they were affected almost exclusively by personal issues and didn't have to deal with the realities of the world in general.

However, I'm still guilty of indulging in a shitload of nostalgia myself. My fondest years were the late 90's, and I miss so much about them. Even though I can appreciate and be thankful that technology is objectively better today than it was then, I still miss CRT TVs and computer technology that made people lose their shit if a single spec was measured in megabytes in triple digits. I miss TV shows that made questionable design decisions like pic related. I miss the way toy commercials were presented. There's a shopping mall about an hour's drive from me that stands in my mind as the embodiment of how I remember the 90s, and I haven't been there in over 16 years. I want to go back just to put my memories of that era to rest.

I think when people complain about how the world's gone to shit and it was better way back when, they're not complaining about the world itself. They're lamenting the fact that the utopian illusion presented by their youthful ignorance was destroyed. I think we're all guilty of that, to some extent. I certainly am.
>>
>>17385540
aaaand I forgot my pic

enjoy some wonderfully terrible 90s fashion
>>
>>17384918
People these days with the internet and social media, especially social media, get nostalgic about last Tuesday.

To be honest (since we're on 4chan and it appeals to a specific group of people. Read: Autistic Geeks), most of the reminiscing is usually about products; videogames, toys, cartoons, tv shows etc. Basically just consumerist shit.

It's kinda sad, for me anyway, when looking back that it really wasn't much of a childhood, when you get past the nostalgia smog.
>>
>>17385540
Really good post anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.