[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old pictures on online dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (454KB, 1175x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
454KB, 1175x1024px
I'm male 32 and looking to improve my tinder profile.

>Normal weight, could gain muscle, always been skinny (put on 10 kilos last 18 months, weigh the most I've ever weighed)
>Not tall, but tall enough that I don't feel it's a problem
>Rare racial mix, so I somewhat stand out
>Considered good looking by a lot of people, but probably only a 6-7/10 if you ask /soc
>Look younger than I am, as late as December last year I was asked for ID when buying wine (drinking limit is 18 here)

My problem is that people in my circle of friends don't really post/tag pictures like they used to ten years ago, so my best online pictures are 6-10 years old.

I know there are ways around so you can upload new images to tinder, but my phone runs an old OS, so I can't update the app. My only option is to use images from my Facebook albums. I'm not really sure I want to ask anyone to take new pictures of me, so I'm stuck with the few I got from recent years.

In terms of appearance, I'm more satisfied with my body now than I've been most years in adulthood, and although I've got a quite long beard (which might come off, idk, a lot of women tend to like beards where I'm from), my face hasn't changed all that much. Obviously I look less boyish than I did ten years ago.

My question, would people consider it cheating to use 8 year old pictures of themselves, if the person in question is relatively good looking (not like I've gone from average to fat, or gone horribly wrinkled - my skin is actually quite smooth and soft, and I can easily pull off telling people I'm at least four years younger than I am - which I won't.)

What do you think, anon? I need to be using better pictures - and not selfies for obvious reasons.

Pic somewhat related. It's a self portrait by a dude who to some extent inspired my beard.
>>
>>17384608
My only thoughts here are that
1. You don't want to mislead a woman by an outdated picture.
2. If you're happiest with your body as it is now, it might be better to use your current self as a photo. It may be worth it to get photos taken again.
>>
>>17384608
Your 32 .. buy a new phone man ...
>>
>>17384616
Yeah, but as I said, I don't want to ask people to post pictures of me, as it's incredibly vain and most of my friends are intellectuals and more concerned with posting about politics, literature and arts.

'Hey master degree in religious studies anon, why don't you take a picture of me for the ladies, and post it online?'
'No, grow up.'
>>
>>17384624
My phone works well for all other intentions of use. I'm not into consumerism, and I try to live as frugal as possible.
>>
>>17384632

Do you do anything outside ever? You don't have to ask people to do a photoshoot inside your house you could simply ask someone to take a snap of you while you are out and about with friends/family or even alone, something with a nice view/with a pet or doing some kind of sporting activity/hobby who knows, its not vain to want to keep memento's of what you looked like throughout your life.
>>
>>17384608
Girls like when a guy they are interested in is demonstrating things thatr make his life look interesting.

You could out up 'cool' old pics of you, but she would find out eventually probably. Then it would leave a sour taste in her mouth.
>>
>>17384632
You are approaching the pic thing the wrong way. Next time you do something with toyr friends, say hey let's take a pic and take a photo with them.

You don't have to ask them to watch you paid for 10 mins to get a perfect shot.

Just get a new phone and if they ask why just say I don't have many pics lately I want to start taking more to keep the memories.

I don't believe none of your friends take pics with eachoher, you are probably up selling your social interactions with these 'friends'
>>
>>17384675
That's what I'm thinking. I would just be honest and use one recent picture at the end, so I could tell women that the last one is the most recent one.

The purpose is to get matches, how I get dates will depend on the conversation, and I can just say that people in my group of friends don't use social media for images that much, so had to use old ones.
>>
>>17384680
You're not wrong.
Still, you don't know my friends.

Two days ago I was at a small get-together in a beautiful rural garden. I was the only one taking pictures, so I wasn't in any of the pictures taken. Asking people to take a picture of me just seems fake and weird.
>>
>>17384699
I don't know why I misread your original post I thought it was for okcupid not tinder, so I was thinking advice for serious relationships not a hook-up.

For tinder put whatever is gonna get you matches dude sorry if I confused you. Whatever it takes to get that match look as interesting as you can. Be wary of putting too many pics where you obviously look different ages cos a girl probably won't be that stupid and just see through the charade. If your gonna post younger pics post all younger pics.

When you meet up if she asks just gloss over it or straight up admit it worked to get her out as long as you are smooth and still attractive she will still be dtf and it won't phase her much.

If you double back and apologize and make weird excuses it WILL turn her off more
>>
>>17384707
Sorry but you sound like a bitch. Straight up tell them hey I wanna be in a oick with you dickheads someone else take the photo

If they refuse well.. I tink you found what your place in this group is
>>
>>17384766
Yeah... I guess tinder works differently in different countries. I know several people who met their SO on tinder. One mate just moved in with his, 2 1/2 years after matching. I dated a woman for three months after matching last year. It's not just for hooking, and it also highly depends on the age of people matching.

I've never heard of anyone I know having any success with okcupid. I don't think people in my area deem it more serious than tinder.

But based advice. I know how to talk to women already, but thanks.
>>
>>17384768
Sure...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.