[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practical advices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Which are the best ways to cope with emotional pain?
>>
>>17384075
Find that one thing. The thing that consumes you when you do it. The thing that allows you to think of nothing else but that thing. For some people it's playing an instrument, or running, shooting, kayaking, spirited driving, motorcycle riding, fucking papercraft. Everyone has a thing.

Do that thing until your fucking eyes bleed and then keep doing it until you're tired of it and then do it some more. Throw your pain into it. Use your pain. Master your thing in spite of your pain.

>but I'm sad and I don't like anything
Fuck off. I was like that for an entire year once. Whole year. Waste of my life.

Either that or wallow in self pity until you're 45 years old, single, prediabetic, fluent in Japanese, and living in a studio apartment.

Or find something that hurts worse.
>>
File: guts.jpg (98KB, 407x440px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
98KB, 407x440px
You embrace it, as feeling pain is one of the few things that reminds you that you're still a human being
>>
>>17384107
N is that you?

Anyway OP, what these people said. It's hard, but you know, it's worth a try.

Plus, you should read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. I always come back to this book when a strong emotional pain comes to me.
>>
>>17384123
>Plus, you should read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations
How does that help?
>>
>>17384132
It helped me to understand how thinking about your perspective and using your reason can help you to hold tight even in hard times. It's not very long, sometimes fun, not that hard to understand, and I believe it can truly change your life.
>>
File: guts.jpg (15KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
15KB, 208x242px
>>17384107
This.

But "what does not destroy you will make you stronger" is true if you allow yourself to take a lesson from it.

If you deal with it you become more and more resistant and you can take more, when you go to the point when getting your heart ripped out won't disturb your mind's balance.

Most of emotional pain is caused by wanting something you can't and probably will never get or being afraid of something you can't stop.
The only lesson that makes you cooler is learn from misfortune that you can't have some things and can't stop some other, dealing with it, and keeping your head cool despite this. The only other option is to kill yourself.
>>
>>17384142
Seneca>Aurelius

I recommend him on stoic stuff.
>>
>>17384152
Seneca was a hypocrite
>>
>>17384152
Haven't read him. I suppose the Letters to Lucilius are the best way to go?
>>
>>17384123
W?
>>
>>17384161
Nope. Phew.
>>
>>17384158
Start with
De Tranquillitate Animi (On tranquillity of mind)

In whatever compilation it is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.