[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New university - stop to loneliness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

I'm a 19 yo guy from Europe. In short, my parents moved to another country because of their jobs, and I moved with them due to different reasons and started my university studies there.

I got into a course with only 7 people in it, some much older than me, some more or less my age. Basically I didn't click with anyone in that course, and lacked the social skills to meet anyone outside of it - on top of that I didn't speak the local language and it was kinda hard getting to know people; even though it's mostly my fault for not being more open to people and trying harder I guess. So I spent of the past year in solitude in front of my computer at my parents' home, browsing 4chan or playing League of Legends all day. After a few months I started coping with it and even kinda started liking the situation, I had few responsibilities and could spend most of my day playing League of Legends with my old friends from my high school.

I've never been a very sociable person, and people always remark that I very rarely smile and look bored most of the time. Still, I had a group of good friends in high school, both male and female, and we did lots of fun stuff together. I miss that time a lot.

I now have an offer from a university in my home country, which would allow me to continue the second year of my studies there. I was thinking that maybe being thrown into a larger group of people will force me to get contacts and friends of some kind. But then again I'm afraid that I won't meet anyone even there, and spend the rest of my studies in complete solitude, not even being able to see my parents and my dog anymore. I don't really know what decision to make, but I would like my life to change for the better, which is why I'm asking you for advice.
>>
shameless self bump because eh whatever
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.