[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get out of jury duty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: The_Jury_by_John_Morgan.jpg (291KB, 787x446px) Image search: [Google]
The_Jury_by_John_Morgan.jpg
291KB, 787x446px
How do I get out of jury duty?
>>
>>17382720
Make a big show of your religious beliefs during the interview (if you don't have any, then pick some to pay lip servoce to for a couple of hours). If the question ever comes up about whether you would put your conscience ahead of the law, say yes.

This will not get you COMPLETELY out of the process, but it'll cut the interview right short, and you won't be asked back.
>>
>>17382731
Ok, thank you. This doesn't count as perjury, right?
>>
>>17382735
unless you're under oath, no.

Maybe you could try implying that you think the accused is guilty (or innocent)? Anything that makes you seem biased is good
>>
I once got the summons in the mail but forgot about it and didn't even respond. Nothing ever came of it.
>>
Got a problem with doing your civic duty, asshole? Cancel that--wouldn't want a retard like you anyway.
>>
>>17382766
No, but I doubt they really need a 19 year old college student. And the 40 dollars a day is nothing compared to the ~150 I'd make otherwise.
>>
Make an assload of racist jokes. I'm dead serious- it'll count as bias against a minority. Pull out the polack and jap jokes as well in case no Latinos or black people were involved.

Also, emphasise how much of a blabbermouth you are, especially for juicy things like confidential court proceedings.
>>
mention you're a full time student with a heavy workload. that's what got me out. judge was taken aback and thanked me for my time
>>
File: goodall.jpg (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
goodall.jpg
156KB, 500x500px
Just go. It's important.

Without a jury, you'd have the government making the accusation, the government deciding guilt or innocence, and the government deciding on a penalty: no checks, no balances.

It's the last arena where citizen participation really matters.
>>
>>17382775
Wait you get paid to do jury duty? That almost completely changes my opinion about it
>>
>>17382907

Yes.

Seven fucking dollars a day in my state, and you have to pay for parking.

Hope your job gives you enough paid time off or pays you for jury duty.
>>
>>17382720
Ask if the perpetrator(s) are black. Let the person know that it's no surprise since those people are savages.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqK4fSMq7cE
>>
>>17382750
You got supremely lucky faggot.

They probably never made it to your name that day.
>>
>>17382720
Fuck you OP. If you can't do your fucking civic duty, get out of my country.
>>
start flirting with everyone
literally everyone
>>
I'd go. I wish my country had civic juries
>>
I got out of it once because I work nights and it would have meant going from work in the morning straight to the thing, then potentially being there all day and not getting any sleep for my next shift.

Taking it off unpaid wasn't an option either due to kind of needing money to live and shit.
>>
Yu should do the duty. It is part of living in a civilised, law-centered, democratic republic.

But - if you want out:
1 - be white
2 - dress like you are astock broker or something
3 - bring a copy of the Wall Street Journal and maybe the Economist.
4 - smile but in a mildly annoyed way.
5 - hang out by yourself
They will just figure you hate black people and 90% of the time cut you loose.
>>
>>17385093
Ask questions about jury nullification
This has good chances of getting you out
>>
>>17382720
tell them you hate cops
if asked say cops have treated you unfairly in the past
>>
>>17382731
This, emphasize that the bible says not to cast judgment. You could never judge another, it's gods role. Just stick to this. They'll ask you some hypos and just stick to your script that you think it's wrong to judge.

That will be fine. Older people can get away with things like incontinence, but if you're young they might ask for a doctor's note. Alternately wear depends and approach the bench when they ask if anyone has anything private they need to tell. Say you are an ABDL and you need your mommy to change your nappy. Kek
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.