[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell if shes interested?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1365111471814.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1365111471814.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /adv/

So I've been penpals with a Japanese girl for a good 4 years or so. we've met several times and we talk about all sorts, from differences in culture, current events, fun things we both do, and how we're both doing in university. I've been to Japan, I have knowledge of how reserved they can be, they are very much an enigma to me because of how different they are to western girls.

Occasionally we send "<3" in messages to each other, I try support her in her study of the English language, and she helps me with Japanese when she can. Im extremely supportive of her, I try to bolster her confidence when she says things like "I have an inportant test soon, it will determine if I can do this or that" ect.
She tells me shes extremely happy to find that I loved my time in Japan and that its solidified my hot/cold opinion on if I should move to Japan in a few years. she even asked me if I wanted to move to a certain region (obviously I said her region) and she was exstatic.

She also tells me she wants me to develop her kind of dialect when I move to Japan.

In person when we meet she trusts me completely, she knows me very well as do I her. she laughs at my jokes and is constantly asking about my culture.

so /adv/ is she interested or not?
>Or am I just retarded?

Pic related; sorry for waffling on and making a long post.
>>
She is.
>>
If you havent made a sexual advance during the 4 years then I think youre stuck in the friendzone.

If you tried touching/holding her at any point AND she was receptive to it, then she is waiting for you to make more advances.

If you tried touching/hold her and she was UN-RECEPTIVE, then she wants to stay friends.
>>
http://youtu.be/sOu6u4hG07k

Thread song
>>
>>17382362
We havent had much time for that, we've met twice and as students we cant afford to see each other

define receptive to touch? in what way? we've sat next to each other where our legs have been touching, tapped each other to get attention and shes grabbed my shoulders lightly and turned a couple of degrees because I walked down the wrong direction
>>
>>17382384
receptive is if she doesnt push away, where she reacts to it in a positive manner. Example is you massaging her back after she says it hurts and then she rolls her shoulders and she massages.

It has to be with sexual intention, rather than social interaction. Her correcting your wrong way walking isnt sexual. Her holding your hand and pulling you to her to correct your direction would have been.

Sorry OP, sounds like your a friendzone guy. Like I said, if you haven't made ANY advances in this time, then your stuck.
>>
>>17382411
Ahh ok
well there is an exeption to that, I almost walked into the path of someone taking a photo, I didnt really notice at the time but she hastilly grabbed my hand and pulled me to her so hard that I almost fell on her

I see
>>
>>17382362
>>17382411
I'm a bit socially retarded, am I in the green zone? Girl is comfortable with touching her hair or arm or shoulder. Seems to find reasons to grab onto me even when it isn't really needed, but when it is vaguely plausible. (Oh no this beach is hard to walk on let me grab onto you, oops now I'm falling on you haha). Pretty sure I'm not retarded and that this is positive.
>>
>>17382411
>>17382384

This is an entirely different culture here man, you aren't friendzoned dude- but regardless you'll have to make a move at some point and find out. You know the situation better than some random anons

Based on what you said I think there is probably interest. Japanese culture around dating is really different than western culture, do you have any Japanese bros you could ask for advice? 100% you'd get better/more reliable advice.
>>
>>17382355
Gaijin anon here,

I'm sure this girl was thrilled to hear that her own personal free English teacher was coming to town. I'm sure she can't wait to show you to her friends, family and acquaintances, for her to feel superior to others by showing how globalized and intelligent she is. You will be her accesory, just like an earring or chain. Just think of an exit strategy then if things go south and you better assume it will.

Sorry man but you have to think negative here, the people around may say somethingto you but they mean something else altogether. Look into honne and tatemae.

If you come here again then finding alternative pussy in no time will depend on your skin color and race. If you're white and someone in shape then it's pretty easy, if you're Asian then it's on hard mode.

Are you a weeaboo Amerifat by any chance?

>>17382530

Dating here isn't that different than the west, but don't let me stop you from believing stereotypes
>>
>>17382557
Naaa, I havent watched anime since pokemon when I was a kid, I never even knew Pokemon was Japanese. I've always had a vague interest in the east since my mother lived in Hong Kong. Im white British.

I highly doubt she views me as an accessory, she has a near perfect command of English, I know nothing of her family except both parents jobs, nor do I know of her friends. she is extremely bashful and is very quiet about a lot of things to do with herself.
>>
>>17382530
I know, the culture is on the other end of the spectrum to the wests, in all honesty I dont think im friendzoned, she shows concern and care for me, and sometimes goes out of her own way to cheer me up, or do something for me.
Actually, come to think of it, my Japanese university teacher might help, hes a /b/ro, hes like 23 and him and his mother run a Japanese class im apart of.
>>
>>17382355
That's how all Japanese treat foreigners. "CAN YOU EAT WITH CHOPSTICKS??" "YOU'RE SO FUNNY".

Also, I hope you're getting something back from her. You simply supporting her while she "occasionaly" helps you out, doesn't seem like a balanced relationship. I think you're fucked.
>>
>>17382557
This.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.