[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been in a long-distance relationship with my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1460404840345.jpg (229KB, 896x935px) Image search: [Google]
1460404840345.jpg
229KB, 896x935px
I've been in a long-distance relationship with my girlfriend for two years and change, but I don't feel like she's treating it sincerely. I know the pains and difficulties of long-distance relationships, and I don't believe it's that; rather, I feel like they're hiding themselves from me, or lying who they are. They won't voice chat with me (stating that they're overly shy or socially awkward), they won't share any personal information (like the town that they live in, or the name of the place they work, or their phone number, pictures), and though I'm readily offering the same sort of information to her there's just no reciprocation.

For the longest time, I took the relationship very lightly - assuming it was just a fling, that it would not really develop for me as it has. I do care for her, even if I feel I am being used in some way. I've dated someone with Asperger's, and even THEY voice chatted with me. I've dated someone who hardly knew English, and even THEY learned the language and chatted with me. I am nearing my wit's end, just feeling unattractive.

Lately, it gets even worse. They seem to never be interested in sexual things unless it's specifically roleplay about other people interacting with them. It makes me sick to even type about. I'm fine with exploring kinks and roleplay, but am worried about how far it really goes. I'm physically sick over it.

Maybe she's just with me because it's safe. Maybe she's actually a guy and using me to get off. I don't know anymore. I feel pathetic.
>>
OP I think you already know the answer to this. Don't beat yourself up over it, it's easy to develop bonds with people online. It also sounds like you met in a roleplay group or something along the lines and this type of thing is incredibly common.

After TWO YEARS of nothing progressing and only getting worse, you really need to ask yourself what this relationship is even doing for you, whether or not this person ends up being female or male.
>>
>>17382153
>LDR with "socially awkward, shy girl"
>won't vc or anything
Nigga you're dating a guy, I met my gf long distance and she's shy as fuck as never knows what to say but she still talks to me on voice and told me where she lives and all that shit. That bitch is hiding something from you
>>
>>17382208
>and never knows what to say
Fucking autocorrect garbage
>>
>>17382153
"She" is a dude. Like, for sure.
>>
>>17382216
OP here. Yeah. That's why I treated the relationship so casually early on. I never really trusted them because they were so unwilling to divulge information. But once you're with someone for a duration and not fighting or tearing at each other's throat, some connection is bound to form, and I think that's where I'm at. Sadly.
>>
>>17382223
OP, who are you connecting with?
Do you seriously think you "know" them? You don't know how they look like, what they do, where they live. You've never heard their voice, you have never seen them smile.
You have feelings for a idea. And I do understand that you care about them, or you're even close to them, but that's not having a relationship and I think you do understand it.
I get you're involved with them, but break it and move on. Don't waste more time on someone who isn't willing to open themselves up to you at best, and lied to you about everything at worse.
>>
>>17382189
OP here. You're right. I do know the answer, even if it's a tough pill to swallow. I'm sure I'm clinging to the relationship because of a sense of security or worth, but aside from that, it's a leech on my self-esteem and my happiness.

I just need to accept my losses and be done with it.
>>
>>17382233
Yep. That's really it. I found someone to fulfill an idea - at first one that was more niche, but now has become more general. And I'm clinging to it out of desperation, hoping it becomes something more real.
>>
Sounds like a transexual person who is too afraid you'll find out he's actually a guy
>>
>>17382235
I know it's tough and it'll probably take you a while to fully get over it, but it will happen. As someone else said, make sure not to pursue this type of person again in the future. It's OKAY to be cautious, EVERYONE should be when it comes to bonding with someone online. But yeah, ~two years is a bit much to not know anything about someone who you're supposed to be with.

If you really do decide to end this, any other LDR's you might potentially consider in the future you should tread carefully and go about smartly.
>>
>>17382238
OP, you know so little about this person that perhaps even if things become real you will not like them.
Really, move on. There's no way it's ever going to be good.
>>
>>17382248
I thought maybe the same thing. I brought it up a few months back, stating something like: "Even if you were male or transexual, my feelings wouldn't change. I'd be hurt because you lied or hid information from me, but I'll still care about you." And they waved it away.
>>
>>17382252
I initially approached the relationship with this cautious attitude, since I had been in two prior LDR which worked significantly better and were much more fulfilling for both parties.

I guess time just eroded my caution and I ended up being overinvested, despite my better intuition.
>>
>>17382260
How much do you talk to them on a daily basis? Like do you actually really know much about them in general? I can maybe see not knowing their address or whatever, but I can see getting invested in their personality.
>>
>>17382271
Yeah. Daily. I voice chat with them or talk with them through steam or whatever. We play a lot of games together, and they generally buy me games to play with them without me asking them to. Just a lot of shared time doing things we both enjoy.

As for their deep personality, who knows? I feel like I know it, but I'm skeptical more often than not that most of what I see is a persona they're setting up.
>>
>>17382276
At any rate, sounds like the two of you are in need of a talk which will likely happen if you propose ending things. Be 100% honest with them.
>>
>>17382189
>>17382208
>>17382214
>>17382216
>>17382233
>>17382248
>>17382252
>>17382255
>>17382271
>>17382298
I appreciate all of the help. I know what I need to do; I just needed to hear it from an unbiased party. Thank you.
>>
>>17382309
Good luck, OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.