[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

confidence advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I had an interview for a retail job, im confident speaking to new people and one of the girls was speaking to before the interview said she fakes confidence said she isnt confident at all, how the hell do you do that?, she did well in the presentation which was too the managers and other candidates, i didnt appear near as confident as she did. Then it was one on one interview normally id be confident, but my heart was going like the clappers , want the job so bad prepared for weeks for it, I am more confident than my friends. Why is it I get nervous and do shittier than im capable of in these situations? others are so natural at it?
>>
>>17382058
first wtf with the pic..

second.
yes you can fake confidence, she can be very good outside but inside she is extremely nervous she just know how to handle it, maybe because she has more experience.

i think its all about experience. maybe you just need to get used to it.
you are good in this kind of situations but when its something more important, you cant handle it, because you want it to be perfect instead of loose yourself and just do it.

im not sure if i make sense.
sorry for my english im learning
>>
>>17382058
She's had more practice faking it to make it than you have just going natural into an interview. That's it.

Also, don't equate confidence with competence.
>>
>>17382096
^ this basically..
>>
>>17382088
yeah that makes sense i do try and make things perfect, I need to be more loose as you say. That was helpful
>>
>>17382058
Ofcourse it's possible to 'fake' confident. But I preferably call it act confident instead.

I do it all the time when I need to. It's a combination of a state of mind and body language.

If you want to practice it, stand in front of a mirror and push out your chest and hold your head high. If you don't overdo it'll give you a straight posture which is more welcoming and confident than slouching. Make sure not to overdo it because it'll look weird, that's why you need to look in the mirror.

The state of mind should be something like this 'I know I can do this and I'm gonna show these people what I'm worth'. Practice your speech to make yourself more confident in your choice of wording.

Don't try to stutter or say 'uhm' a lot. If you need time thinking about a question just take it.

I automatically go to this state of mind when I'm in a new situation, it's like my self defense. I'm actually pretty self conscious about myself but I know people will step over me if I show this.

I hope this helps, don't try this if you don't feel comfortable with doing it. It's about you and not about others.
>>
>>17382096
dont equate confidence with competence, could you elaborate on that a bit more?
>>
>>17382142
thanks anon
>>
>>17382144
A person's skill and ability aren't directly related to their talent in selling that skill and ability. The talent to sell is just another skill. There's not much to elaborate, but I think it's worth pondering how you perceive someone who can "fake it" relative how appropriate they are for the position.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.