[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm three years into a useless meme degree. If I go to college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 784704.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
784704.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
I'm three years into a useless meme degree. If I go to college for like a month and then kill myself will they refund the tuition to my parents
>>
There is no such thing as a useless degree.

And no, they will not.
>>
Whats the degree and why is it a meme?
>>
Unless it's women's studies, you should be fine.
>>
>>17382010
No.
why do you want to kill yourself?
also..what its your degree?

you can also..try..changing?
>>
>>17382018
>There is no such thing as a useless degree.

Oh boy. Anything with a "critical theory" focus, such as gender studies, will not only not get you a job, it will train you to view the world more through ideology than logic. This is about as useless as it gets.

And, of course, there are degrees with very specific focuses, such as City Planning or Linguistics, which are only useful if you decide to devote yourself to those fields. If you end up not working in those fields, you may get some benefit from shit jobs that will hire anyone with a college degree, but you could do better (and in less time and with less debt). You also could learn more relevant information in a year of self-study in the information age than you would from 4 years of Highschool+.

Take it from somebody with a double major in Communication Studies and Linguistics from a respected university. I learned a lot more from self-study when I wasn't bartending after university than I did while in university. Bartending, by the way, paid more than any other jobs I've had since college, since I didn't like teaching English and can't bring myself to work in PR or Marketing.
>>
If it isnt physics or maths, ur stupid.

T. /sci/
>>
>>17382263
This, desu.

Unless you are planning on getting a job teaching bullshit, STEM fields are the only useful reason to go to college. Otherwise, go learn a trade skill somewhere cheaper and faster.
>>
>>17382269
haha, /adv/ turns "t b h" into "desu"?
Man, I guess it's been a while since I've been here.
>>
>>17382019
I went for engineering, but took a lot of psych and sociology classes because I thought they were interesting. In one of the lectures, they talked about memes and and the social shit and their affects on society

>we literally talked about memes
>>
>>17382275

i think it's all of 4chan

f.a.m. turns into senpai

c.u.c.k. turns into kek

s.m.h. turns into baka
>>
>>17382010
No but you'd get all of your classmates A's if you killed yourself in class in an especially violent manner.
>>
>>17382283
How is engineering useless?
>>
>>17382296
It's not, I was talking about sociology being useless
>>
>>17382364
I'm not OP btw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.