[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I applied for a job and they want to hire me. However, I also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1467749330392.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467749330392.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I applied for a job and they want to hire me. However, I also applied for another job but didn't hear back from them yet. I'd prefer the second job tho.
How do I deal with this situation?

Also, what if I decline a company's offer now - would it be weird to apply for a job at theirs in the near future for a new/different position?
>>
>>17382000
accept current job offer because MONEY.

If other job offers you job quit and switch.

This is what normal people do bro.You are gonna be on probation anyways so they really wont care if you leave.
>>
>>17382005
I would do that if it was a dumb sidejob, but these jobs are relevant to my career. it's at a major company and since they seem to like my profile, I'd rather stay on good terms with them for the future
>>
>>17382113
Your thought process is right. In the end it's a gamble, only you can really evaluate the risk/reward on this.
Think how much dk you want both jobs, how can you rise on your career with both, how they will impact your life, if you can change in the future and how you can; consider stuff like that and consider the risk of having neither and make your decision.
>>
bump. i guess there must be some sort of standard procedure I'm just unaware of, right? it's just that i can't find anything related somehow
>>
>>17382150
is there no possibility of writing something alike: "thanks for your job offer. i will take it into consideration and give you a definitive response next week"

I'm really enticed to write something like this but I'm afraid I might not be in the position to write something like that.
>>
>>17382156
yeah, nah. Don't do that.

Accept the job, then when/if you get the second, tell them you don't think the job is the right fit blah blah blah.
>>
>>17382158
Don't do this. No company likes job hoppers, they are a waste of investiment.
>>17382156
You are not in a position to make demands, you are not valuable enough to be unreplaceable. Unless you show some mad skills there is always somebody else they can hire that is not insecure about the company.
What you want to do shows the company that they are something you settled with, they much rather have someone that is eager to work for them.
>>
>>17382152
There is no standard procedure, but this is what I'd suggest.

Call or email the first job. Tell them you're extremely excited about the offer, but ask for some time read over the offer. Call (email if not possible, but time is of the essence so call is better) the second job. Tell them you have an offer on the table but would prefer working for them. Ask if you are still being considered and if there is anything you can do to move the process forward. Actually, contact the 2nd job first.

If the 2nd place is intrested in you, they will accommodate. If they are not, sorry kiddo.
>>
>>17382158
that way they won't ever think of hiring me ever again. I want to leave with a good image.
>>
>>17382172
I guess you're right - on the other hand, I believe the company would make a very bad impression if they revoked their offer just because I asked for a few days to make my final decision. I guess what I'm asking is, could it be perceived as offensive if I asked for a couple of days?

>>17382174
hey, that's a great idea - didn't think of contacting the other job about that
>>
Take 1st job.
Leave for better job when you can, or grow into 1st job and stay there for any promotion etc.
>>
>>17382187
Not offensive, but they can find a replacement for you easily, it all depends on the company. What i'm saying is that this is will never be a positive thing to do, might be a neutral or negative thing, but never positive.
>>
>>17382202
If OP has an offer in hand, they want to hire him specifically. It's not like this is McDonalds - OP is a professional and accepting a job is a big decision. They'll likely understand if OP wants to delay accepting. For example, he might want a lawyer to read over the terms.
>>
>>17382215
Sure, but they won't think "wow this guy is such a keeper" because of it.
Some companies are ok with it, some are not. I'm pointing it out because it is very relevant to his decision.
Like said before, only him can evaluate the situation, but i'm shredding some light on it the best way i can.
>>
>>17382218
Accepting the offer on the spot is no better. I wouldn't think "wow this guy is a keeper," I'd think "wow this guy is desperate."
>>
>>17382227
He applied for the job, of course it is expected for him to accept it on the spot.
>>
>>17382234
It is not. It is more expected for OP to reply with a counter-offer with a higher salary than to accept on the spot.

Are you a professional burger flipper/shelf stocker who has been employed at places where workers are not valued?
>>
>>17382241
Whatever you say...
>>
>>17382256
No, whatever YOU say ;)
>>
Thanks for your input, guys. I think I've made my decision. I'll mail the 2nd company and slip in that I currently have another interesting option; asking for my current status at theirs. and then I'll mail the first one asking whether it would be fine with them if I make my decision until next friday.
It's a bit risky but I doubt the first company will just drop me as that would leave a bad image with them, too. I hope worst case scenario is they offer me a bit less of a timeframe than one week. if you want to make it you gotta take risks, right?? Hope I'll not regret this lol
>>
>>17382304
Thanks for following up, OP. Best wishes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.