[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Racing thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
Hi,
Does anybody here has racing thoughts? How to get rid of them? I'm frightened, because I ended up thinking about my past, got anxious, can't do anything because I don't have will to do it. And how to recognize is it neurosis or schizophrenia because they do have similar symptoms?

Sorry for the lack of English.
>>
Any opinions are welcome
>>
It's probably just good ol' anxiety.

Either:

-Go see a doctor for meds
-Learn to meditate
>>
>>17381811
Schizophrenia is far more severe. You literally hear and see things not there. Its anxiety, you are just self conscious and nervous. Take up exercise and eat/sleep proper.
>>
>>17381829 >>17381817

I heard that schizophrenia can be "triggered"
So, what's the difference between neurosis and beginning of the S?
I mean, I'm depressed already, I just need to know what it is I'm dealing with
>>
>>17381870
The symptoms of schizophrenia are:

The presence of two or more of the following symptoms for at least 30 days:

Hallucinations.
Delusions.
Disorganized speech.
Disorganized or catatonic behavior.
Negative symptoms (emotional flatness, apathy, lack of speech)

If you have those symptoms, go see a doctor ASAP.

I'm not familiar with neurosis, but anxiety disorders and depression tend to go hand-in-hand
>>
>>17381886
Thanks. Have you experienced something like that?
>>
>>17381925
Schizophrenia? No, sorry.

A&D are old buddies of mine, though. Exercising, eating well, getting enough sleep and meditation/breathing exercises keeps it under control. I've been this way for 15-20 years now, so I don't think I'll ever be "cured", but I can live with it and hold a steady job.

Some days are god-awful, sure, but you gotta pick yourself up and keep going. It's not easy, but it's doable
>>
>>17381811
It's just thoughts. They are not as important as you may think.
>>
>>17381811
meditation is what you're looking for

you'll learn how to detach from your thoughts and shut them off in a way
>>
>>17381811
This is may come off as "tumblr hugbox"-y, but I go through the same thing:

Remind yourself these are just thoughts and you're fine. For some reason your brain thinks it needs to do this bullshit and wear itself out, but keep telling yourself "I'm okay, this is unnecessary but w/e I'll be okay."
Regulate your breathing
Sit down if you can
Distract yourself with something lighthearted like a children's cartoon, too. Try not to watch anything remotely "edgy" or "dark". I'm not implying you're some weak-willed weenie but sometimes these things tend to freak me out more when I'm in that state so I'm throwing that in there in case you have a similar physical reaction like me
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.