[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming like our parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

I´ve noticed, and others as well, that as I grow up I´m becoming more and more like my father: cranky, cynical and generally negative. Even though i´m aware of this, and do not want it, I also feel more aware of flaws in others and feel justified to act in a certain way towards them.

I can see the same thing in my friends, some even admit to inheriting traits or behaviors from their parents. I thought recognizing this as it happens would make it easier to avoid going down that path but by the time I realized/we realize it, it's already pretty ingrained and natural.
Is there any way to beat this shit genetics? especially in this stage.
>>
>>17381738
>genetics
People rape biology everyday, more and more with no end in sight.
This behaviour is learned, not inherited.

>feel justified
That's your problem.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
OP its time to go Alex Jones on your mind and start BREAKING THE CONDITIONING
>>
I had to change a lot about myself. I was incredibly angry and extremely physically violent with people. Not just family. It took steps for me to change. I had to acknowledge this would take years to change who I am. Small things first, like saying thanks and please. Than walking away from confrontation.

The most difficult for me was to apologize. When I apologize, I really feel it. I open up and say, hey I fucked up and it was my fault.

Changing takes a lot of time, but it can happen if you want it bad enough. I found God and through him I learned how to open up my heart for people. To help the needy and hopeless. It feels so much better than beating someone to a pulp.

Change takes little steps and leads to remarkable monuments.
>>
>>17381758
>>17381744
I don't even know when it began, I wasn't like this before. And it's funny because I always hated how he acted towards us and now I kinda see through his point of view and I can't judge him the way I used to do.

It kind of raises the question whether this is the case or maybe we also attract people into our lives that make these dormant/hidden/repressed traits surface similarly.

>>17381761
did you just stop feeling anger in time? Or are you just holding back and forcing/answering with kindness or humility?
I try to hold back or not act the way I'd feel compelled to (it's not even unconscious) but inside, I still 'feel the feels'. Becoming generally dissatisfied with everything and everyone no matter how much I try to keep it to myself or overlook annoying things that I find in others or that others do
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.