[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared to work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1460059104913.jpg (634KB, 2943x2155px) Image search: [Google]
1460059104913.jpg
634KB, 2943x2155px
I never had a job, and I need to work 1 month because my school wants an internship were I worked. I'm 18 and I'm scared if I do something wrong and they fire me then. I also never applied to a job. Should I just go to the store and ask the leader ? I'm unsure and feel very uncomfortable about that. I want to do everything right.

Please help me
>>
File: 918645.jpg (46KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
918645.jpg
46KB, 500x361px
>>17381659
>Scared to work
>>
Go apply, dumbass.
>>
Welcome to adulthood

Go to a store
ask to see the manager
ask if you can leave your resume
rinse and repeat.

It's only for month, son
>>
>>17381659
Just apply. What the fuck is with the lack of confidence overcoming /adv/ lately.

You're likely not going to get paid, and if you do, it won't be of any significance to them, and; cheap labor is always good labor. Firing you would be like killing a Chinese worker who produces products for basically free.

Just kiss ass, learn the processes and get your recommendation. That's all you're going for, to suck cock and to get a reference letting others know how well you give head and if you swallow.

/thread
>>
>>17381684
>/threading yourself

That's not how it works
>>
Some people look very positive at you if you go straight into the company to apply for a job while others will tell you to do it online like everybody else does, however it depends on the job you apply for.
About your fear I can only tell from my own experience. If you realy feel stressed about failing, you will be alright. People do not expect much from interns and often do not give them difficult tasks. If you are competend in your field and are ready to learn and not bs your way through, you will be fine and maybe you will be offered a job for the future.
>>
>>17381689
Oh wow, someone who doesn't know where '/' commands originated, how, or why.

/thread = anything above is pertinent to the discussion and anything after is just a waste of fucking bits.

You're welcome, my class will remain in session for all of your ignorant replies to any additional comment I may leave.
>>
Apply. Dude, doesn't matter how you do it. Google it.

Once you get that first interview (or if they blindly accept your CV) just tell them you don't know shit, treat you as a blank slate and you are here to learn. Literally, that is all you need to say.
>>
>>17381700
Nowhere did I imply that I didn't know what "/" is for. I was pointing out the pretentiousness of doing it.

Your follow-up post went a long way to confirm that your are, in fact, a pretentious prick
>>
File: tears of joy.gif (262KB, 270x310px) Image search: [Google]
tears of joy.gif
262KB, 270x310px
>>17381659
It's ok to be scared to fail anon, but don't worry, it's going to be fine, I speak from experience here.
You're here to learn how to work, that's what a first job is, so if you make some mistakes, it's totally fine because it'll help you to learn from them.
When you'll work and see that everything is fine, you'll be proud to have tried so don't give up. Good luck anon !
>>
I used to be terrified of working but now that I've started after finishing university I can tell you it's really no big deal.

I work in IT though, the pay is nice and the people are relaxed and fun. Worst job I had was selling boat trip tickets to tourists on beaches/city streets, kind of job where you need to approach people and try to sell something quite expensive, I must have talked to thousands of people in a span of a month - for a 4chan autist it was hell, but I got used to it.

After that, I told myself no job could be harder/worse for me - and I was right.
>>
File: phuc dat.jpg (86KB, 1528x1055px) Image search: [Google]
phuc dat.jpg
86KB, 1528x1055px
>>17381690
>>17381701
>>17381715
>>17381723
Thanks a lot, I didn't expect so many replies. You're very helpful guys, I will go there and ask them
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.