[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossroads in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

It's a bit of a long story but here goes. Around a year ago I met this girl who was on a travel visa in New Zealand (my home country) and we started dating. We both knew that she would be leaving at the end of the year. When the time came we were both very sad and continued Facebook messaging. We agreed to be in a LDR (although I wasn't as keen as her) and after around eight months of that I moved to Ireland to be with her. The pressure of the move and where she lived in Ireland meant that after two months I broke up with her and caught a flight back to England to stay with some relatives for a while and try and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. My friend in London said that there was a job going and I went and interviewed for it and was offered the job. The job is at a restaurant at basic wage in a very expensive part of London. My friend is able to afford it as he lives with his parents, as is common down there.
I do not know what to do wth my life. On one hand I want to go home back to NZ and see my family, grieve the relationship that I destroyed and try and reintegrate myself back into my NZ life. Back home I have friends, some better opportunities to get a career and do the artistic projects I want to work on. On the other, I can see that turning down this opportunity to move down to London and experience new things is quite a cowardly thing to do - but to be honest, I don't really want to do it. Perhaps that final sentence is the crucial point, but I don't know whether or not I have to grow a pair and move down, or grow a pair and do what I currently feel is right for me.
>>
Shameful Self Bump
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
>>
there is nothing to discuss here. you pointed out yourself, that it does not feel right. leave this shitty place and go where you feel compfortable.
>>
>>17381405
>On the other, I can see that turning down this opportunity to move down to London and experience new things is quite a cowardly thing to do - but to be honest, I don't really want to do it

You've got your answer. Leave London and go back to NZ
>>
OP here - thanks for the advice. I guess I'm just worried that moving back is indeed a step backwards. Perhaps it isn't, and no one can tell the future, but some other voices on the subject is always helpful
>>
>>17382485

I'm with the other posters- exactly what are you experiencing in London right now that makes it worthwhile? Poverty?

You aren't having an adventure right now, go back to your home country, establish yourself and later on if you want to move to another country the option is always there. Living hand to fist on a shitty salary sounds awful.

Moving back isn't necessarily giving up or regressing, you don't have any idea about what will happen in the future.
>>
>>17382485
No matter what, coming home will feel fantastic.
People will have a story about you now, you might be the guy who went to Ireland, but you can be part of the community you like again. You'll also be the guy who came back.
>>
>>17381724
>>17382249
>>17382495
>>17382564

Thank you anons - you have really helped me put my mind at ease.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.