[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I quit my job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2rwwzOj.jpg (141KB, 550x483px) Image search: [Google]
2rwwzOj.jpg
141KB, 550x483px
I'm working a menial job as a Housekeeper while going through school so I can gain some basic work experience and money for tuition. However, this job is far from what I want to do as a career, and eats away a lot of the time I'd like to spend building skills or even just goofing off.

I have a lot of money saved up as is, and I'm thinking it might be time to cut the cord and move on with my life. For context I'm going into my second year of an advanced diploma for programming with the hopes of transferring into university. I have already saved for the diploma outright, but could use more money for further schooling among other things.
>>
>>17380682
Don't quit a job until you start the next job/school.
>>
Never burn savings early. That's negligent. Goof off thoughtfully and thriftily.

Knock out schooling as quickly as practical. The job market is competitive so be more than ready.

I understand not liking housekeeping but money is a tool and unless you know a way to make the same or more which is immediately available, don't quit.
>>
>>17380682
I can certainly relate with being in a job that isn't anywhere close to what you want for as a career. Where I cannot relate is that I've already quit my job, or fired to be more specific. It's weird and don't care to hijack your thread, so I digress.

Regardless of you being in a job that is far from what you want to do as a career, you should definitely keep working. That's just my opinion on it. Unless you have another job lined up, do not-- I repeat-- do NOT quit.

Prioritize jobs that are related to the field that you want to be in-- programming, and don't bother so much with general labor, food/hospitality, and similar 9-5 jobs. That way you'll narrow your search down. Perhaps spend the next week thinking about what type of programming you want to do. I don't know so much about it myself, but I'm assuming programming for a start up is much different than Microsoft, IT support, things like that.

If you have money saved up, and can go the next 6 months without worrying about bills, rent, etc then maybe it would be best for you to take a break and spend time on yourself.

Don't make the mistake I did and sacrifice your life for a job you don't want to be in.
>>
pmub
>>
If you don't like a job and you have the financial security to quit, quit. Yes, the economy is fucked but spending your few hours outside of class/studying on some menial shit is just not worth it, especially when you're still in college, where it's ok to be unemployed for a bit.

It's a risk, but there's a reason why most lifetime wage-slaves aren't big risk takers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.