[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ending long term, good relationship..?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rattata.png (160KB, 900x795px) Image search: [Google]
rattata.png
160KB, 900x795px
/adv/

how do I end a three year long, relatively functional relationship with a girl who I still really care for?

the gist of the situation is that I've recently become honest with myself and I think i'm bisexual or potentially gay. i've never experimented in that way. she's a really great girl but would in no way be okay with me experimenting or exploring (threesomes with her or otherwise).

I really like this girl but there's no way I can fully commit to a female without experimenting with the other side. we're in our mid-20s so it's kind of getting to the "shit or get off the pot" stage so to speak.

also she's having a pretty tough time with some family issues and according to her i've been a huge help which makes this that much harder

it's essentially a big pile of bullshit all reaching a crescendo at once

I can't "come out" to her because there's a genuine possibility she'll "out" me to family and/or friends before I'm ready.

anyone been in a similar situation?

any advice?

thanks
>>
>>17379255
Um....you owe her an honest explanation after wasting 3 years of her life. I mean, come on- if you're gay then you wasted 3 good fucking years of her early 20's. lol. You owe it to her and mostly to yourself that you are gay. Be honest, don't make up some shitty excuse.
>>
>>17379342
>wasting 3 years of her life

I mean I don't think it was necessarily a waste...we've had a great relationship thus far I think

Also fwiw, I'm not necessarily gay...I think I'm leaning more towards bisexual but I won't know until I explore that side of myself, you know?

I don't think I can 100% be honest with her at this point yet because as I said, I don't want her "outing" me before I'm comfortable with it
>>
>>17379255
You're an idiot.

You wanna give up 3 year relationship because you wanna attempt to be gay.

Relationships require commitment and if you can't commit to her you should just end it. There is no way you can back burner her while you fuck around with guys.

If you find her sexually attractive then you are not gay. If you are gay you are using her and wasting her love and time.

This thread is the bisexual equivalent of the "i wanna sleep with other girls but keep my gf" threads we see all the time.
>>
I get it.

You found someone else and want to let her down gently.

This will stink of the bullshit it is. She'll probably appreciate the effort, but will soon, if not immediately, figure out what you did.

I've tried the 'ol "I think I'm gay" too and it didn't work at all. But it's more fashionable these days, so try it on like a new pair of shoes, Girlfriend, and rock it!
>>
>>17379368
>You wanna give up 3 year relationship because you wanna attempt to be gay.

jesus christ, no that's not it at all. i've been struggling with my sexuality since near the end of highschool. i've never really been honest with myself about it though. i've been speaking to a therapist and we've come to the conclusion that my years of denial and repressing my sexuality has taken a negative toll on my psyche. I can't marry someone without exploring that side of me. it's not about keeping her on the back burner at all.

>>17379373
>You found someone else and want to let her down gently.

again....no

there is no one else that I am going to jump ship to if my current relationship ends

where are you people getting this from
>>
>/adv/ sees the truth and tells it
>anon asks where this comes from

You know /adv/ gets trolled a lot, but that's for fun. Along with /b/, I swear this is the best group of bullshit filters on the earth. You come for advice, you get it quickly and accurately.

If you can't take the collective wisdom of 4chan, perhaps you'd be better off at another site who will give you some stated agenda.

At least consider how a bunch of strangers could come to these conclusions. And we do it for free, unlike your therapist.
>>
>>17379255
>I've recently become honest with myself and I think i'm bisexual or potentially gay. i've never experimented in that way
So you are considering ending a 3 year relationship with someone you care for over something you haven't experimented with or explored?
Can I ask what makes you think you might be bi/gay or hat thoughts you have had?

On an unrelated note can I ask what career path you are on and what hobbies you have?
>>
>>17379402
i can't tell if you actually think these posts are right or if you're just being an idiot and "trolling"

if you're trolling well gee whillikers you sure got me pal epic troll dude eeeepic troll
>>
>do you get turned on by women?
If the answer is no you obviously should dump your girlfriend, but I don't see how this can be the case since you have a 3 years old relationship. If the answer is yes then you're not gay. You might on the other hand be bisexual.

>do you also get turned on by men? Do you see a naked, good looking man and your peepee goes stiff?
No? Then why did you even made this thread? Yes? Great, you're bisexual. If so,

>is fucking men more important to you than your relationship?
If it is, then sure, go for it. Dump your girlfriend, tell her whatever lie crosses your mind if you don't want to give her the real reason and be done with it. To answer your original question, just tell her that you don't love her and you don't like your relationship anymore and you're going to look for something else. It's not even that big of a lie.

You're not "struggling with your sexuality" and you won't be "experimenting" if you decide that fucking men is more important than your relationship. You have fetishes and you'll enact those fetishes. You'll dump your girlfriend for a fetish. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it or whatever, I'm just trying to put things into perspective for you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.