[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night the girlfriend, well I guess ex girlfriend, hit me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gumball.png (18KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
gumball.png
18KB, 180x180px
Last night the girlfriend, well I guess ex girlfriend, hit me with a whole slew of communication issues that I just don't care enough.

Among them:
"You haven't even asked me about my exam"! You mean the one you told me how it went already and the results don't come out for another 3 months?

"You never once joined me to go look at open-houses when I was looking for a place!" For one, you never asked me to come along, and two, I'm not about to go inviting myself when I have work also..

"You always just ask how my day was! Never anything more!" You work in the clinic, it's the same thing everyday, same patients, same issues. If there was something special, I figure you'd tell me about it, not me having to ask 20 questions.

"You don't see me as often during the week like you used to!" When I have to drive 30min to your place, to spend maybe an hour with you, and drive back, at night with an early morning wake up? Yeah, I'll wait to see you at the end of the week

"Do you take everything as a joke??"

By the time we talk in the evening, half the time over the phone, im already exhausted from the day and want to go to bed. I genuinely care but I'm not about to play detective here..

Am I being rational here? Or an uncaring prick?
>>
It's impossible to say without knowing the type of person both of you are and the context of things that were said.

From the outside, I'd guess that you just didn't take the relationship seriously enough. When people complain about petty shit, a lot of the time they have a deeper reason as to why something bothers them.

She wasn't bothered you didn't ask about her shitty day in particular, I'd imagine she felt like you weren't putting in any effort to the relationship and you were letting it stagnate instead of being proactive.

Did you ever organise anything with her or did she do the work? If the idea of visiting someone for an hour then coming home again isn't pleasurable to you, you have to ask yourself "am I taking this relationship seriously?" and "is a relationship something I'm really able to commit to right now?"

let me know how you feel about these points because I may be off the mark.
>>
File: 1359806439162.jpg (694KB, 1920x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1359806439162.jpg
694KB, 1920x1173px
>>17378963

I literally know EXACTLY how you feel, last week I broke up with my girlfriend of three years because I couldn't take it anymore. It takes me thirty minutes to see her as well and I work from 6 in the morning until 10 at night and she still expects me to go see her, pay for her dinner, and listen to her talk for an hour to thirty minutes and then she gets tired and says goodbye.

Honestly do yourself a favor if you haven't and cut ties you'll be a lot happier. I'm still kinda depressed over things, but I feel my spirits lifting.
>>
>>17378963
She sounds like a normal chick and you sound like a normal dude.

The problem with that, is that you think normal dude behavior is acceptable to normal chicks. It's not, and that's why those kinds of gripes are very common. Relationships are give and take. There are times you have to set being a normal dude aside, and turn on female empathy. Do those things she called you out on. Similarly, there are times she has to scale back her female idiosyncrasies and understand that you need time and space to yourself, and to not nag you.

This seems like a simple case of two people who are young and largely inexperienced. It's not a huge deal unless you make it one. As you get more experienced and you grow older, you get better at navigating these sorts of problems. You get better at perceiving your partner's feelings, wishes and desires. So it's no longer a game of 20 questions, because you automatically know what you ought to do/say.
>>
>>17378969

I'd come up with things to do, hikes, whatever. Said hey, I have this day free let's do this, oh no I cant, I'm going out with so and so. After a while I just let bring things up

When I can get another 1.5 hrs of sleep in, and not be a sloth by mid morning, I'm gonna take it
>>
>>17378998
In that case sounds like you don't have compatible lives and that a break up is for the best.
>>
I wish I only had to drive 30 minutes to see my girlfriend.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.