[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to see friend-severely nervous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1412947753641.png (167KB, 938x736px) Image search: [Google]
1412947753641.png
167KB, 938x736px
I'll keep it brief

I'm a recovering recluse. I spent the best part of a year rebuilding myself from the ground up after basically having a mental breakdown at university. I'm doing much, much better now, and pretty much pass as an average person the majority of the time. I suffered severe anxiety for a long time but I'm even managing to get rid of most of it.

There's one sticking point though. I'm staying with my best friend and his girlfriend in Cardiff, about 200 miles from where I live. I'm absolutely panicking every time I think about it. The second I entertain the thought or mention it to anybody I immidiately feel the need to run to the toilet and I feel panicky.

This guy is my best friend and I met his girlfriend before. I was severely anxious at first but it went smoothly in the end. She was very receptive and kind about my anxiety.

I think I have associated my mate/his girlfriend with the severe feelings of anxiety I had the last time and I can't break them off, even sitting there and conciously reminding myself all the reasons not to be nervous.

How do I break this association? How do I stop panicking about seeing my god damn best mate and his girl and the great time that we will definitely have?
>>
>>17378934
You ever think that you're not responsible for the way you're born, but your shitty genes are?
You ever humored the idea of rebirth? And thoughtnthat life being unfair isn't right?

What if I told you that you will revive as the most charming, interesting, talented, imaginative, easygoing person on this planet? If you simply died in a peaceful way?
>>
>>17378934
You just do it.

Building comfort with new things takes times and practice.

Anxiety Tips: avoid caffeine, sugary stuff, and drink lots of water.
>>
At some point, dude. You have to say fuck it.

If it all goes to hell, fuck it. What can you do? After all right now you're panicking at the mere thought of trying to keep it from going bad.

Really dude, fuck it. They say you got a bit of food on your chin? Fuck it, it happens. You make a joke that creeps the girl out? Fuck it, you found it funny. You shit your pants all over their favourite couch? Fuck it, that shit'll be funny, it's literally comedy tier misfortune.

Bad things happen, "Normal" people just say fuck it when bad things happen to them.

And most importantly in this rambling talk? They'll be saying fuck it too.
>>
>>17378934
by doing .i had anxiety from driving but kept doing and it lessened
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.