[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soft feelings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

Dear men of /adv/

What made you fall head over heels with a girl?

Was it her behavior, the way she spoke to you, how she looked, or the way she made you feel...?

Let's say you already like a girl. You think she's really hot and cool.

What pushes your affection to the next level ?
>>
drop dead cunt and ruin your own life instead of ruining another man's
>>
>>17378578

stay mad bruh
>>
>>17378573

Looks only get my attention, and they're not the only way to get my attention. To keep it, a girl has to be intelligent.

There is nothing more attractive to me than a girl that is clearly intelligent. A girl being pretty or hot makes me want to look at her (among other things), but it's seeing a girl's impressive intellect that makes me want to be with her.
>>
>>17378573
Looks are kind of simple; as long as you're passable it stops being important, but it's easier to catch my attention with something exotic. Once you have my attention they stop really mattering, though.

Once we get to talking? I guess it depends on how long we can both hold the conversation without being bored. Whether or not we have compatible senses of humor, whether or not we can enjoy one another's stories and share some interests while being able to describe the ones we don't in a way that doesn't make the other sick of hearing it. That starts pulling me in, especially when she demonstrates being particularly knowledgeable on a subject she cares about or being clever in general. This will usually take a few days or even weeks for me to settle into depending on how long we talk and how often we get together, but no timeline is set in stone here.

Her attitude is the main thing at this point that really settles whether or not I'm smitten, really. There's a certain sweetness in demeanor, openness towards physical affection (she should be just as forward about touching and cuddling as I am) and an ability to take the chatter and laughing back after a while and just enjoy a comfortable quiet with one another that just makes being in the same place as her, whether we're doing anything or not, just feel right and warm and happy on its own. By then I'm more than likely crushing on her pretty hard, moreso if she's been open enough to confide in me about things going on in her life that aren't just the positive and the funny. There's an element to getting to know ALL of her, not just the good, that makes me feel particularly close.

Been a few times now. That's all the pattern I can recognize out of them, hope it helps whatever you're doing.
>>
Shower me with attention basically. Sharing personal stuff. Being honest even when it's hard or would work against you. Doing cute things (like messaging you hope I'll have a good day when I'm asleep or something). Basically anything that shows you are thinking about me even when we aren't talking/together
>>
The most attractive thing to a man is a woman's acceptance.

The looks, smarts, all of that is well and factors into building and going further with a relationship, but the fact that you can share yourself and that person will still accept you/try to understand you is a wonderful feeling. When you get angry or vice versa, you/your partner should be patient; you should be patient and respectful with everyone, but with your partner, no matter how wrong you think they are or how mad they're making you, you can be the above plus have the love and strength to forgive or listen and discuss with your partner whatever it is, and together understand and grow from/with each other.

That acceptance is number one, even without people perhaps calling it that or simply not realizing it.
>>
>>17378772

Backing up this anon. My girlfriend isn't my style, as a matter of fact, she's even chubby which I didn't like at first.
But her acceptance, her understanding, and her personality made me fall in love, you must basically make the man feel in an honest relation with genuine love for him.
Looks are good, and they might even kill a relationship if you are too shabby looking but this is only the first layer of a long bond that passes to acceptance, understanding, sharing and finally mutual love
>>
>>17378573
Well i like this girl for her looks but after looking at het basic boring personality i lost interest. You need to be a girls with a bit of both looks and with a good interesting personality. Also traveling does not make you an interesting person like most girls think.
>>
>>17378573
Go back to 3eddit
nigger. M
>>
drama free, not picky, have passion for w/e shes doing
>>
>>17378573
My wife belongs to me. She is my possession. She has surrendered her security and her well-being is my responsibility.

A real relationship is based on traditional gender roles. Most women would disagree. But its the only way a truly monogamous relationship works.

When a husband and wife struggle for power in a relationship, it is doomed to fail.

The dating phase is meant to be a job interview for this process and nothing more. If the end goal is not to establish long term relationship roles, then you are both kidding yourselves that it could be a long term relationship.

-2¢
>>
For me, it was her ability to keep my stresses separate from our experiences and time. It's like she promotes a state of tranquility just by being herself.
>>
I'm a bit confused. Are we talking about girl I kind of know and might consider dating, a girl I've been going steady/dating, or a girl I've been dating for a while and am maybe consider marrying?
>>
>>17378573
mind games
>>
>>17378772
^This for days
>>
File: image.jpg (384KB, 695x932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384KB, 695x932px
Intelligence is always high up on those lists. But what makes a girl "intelligent"?
>>
>What made you fall head over heels with a girl?

It certainly wasn't any one, specific thing. I could probably write a fucking book about the reasons I'm in love, but I'll try to be a little more succinct.

First, we have similar interests and hobbies. Video games, literature, anthropology, art, cartoons, etc. Allows us to share stuff that we know the other person will enjoy.

Second, we have a similar worldview and sense of humor. We're both kinda cynical, self-deprecating, pretentious liberals. We have similar core values and similar ways of expressing those values.

Third, we're both physically attracted to each other. And have compatible kinks. And openly express those kinks without fear of negative judgement from the other person, even if we're not always into the exact same stuff all the now. I actually think this a huge reason why we've managed to work this long, since it's helped us both overcome some big insecurities.

>What pushes your affection to the next level?

Just get to know the other person. Spend time with them, to stuff together. Share things about yourself and show a genuine interest in them. I knew very quickly that my girlfriend was a neat person before we started dating, but I didn't fall in love with her until a few months after we started dating.
>>
>>17379601

Common knowledge of science, biology, history, geography, art. Not like they are being graded on an exam but something to show their life doesn't revolve around shopping and social media.

Have an opinion on something and being able to explain why. Not just "i dunno lol"
>>
>>17378573
>Was it her behavior, the way she spoke to you, how she looked, or the way she made you feel...?

All of the above.

To keep it pushing, she has to have content. She doesn't even have to be extremely intelligent or witty. She just has to have a soul.

Basically this video summarizes it, admittedly humorously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk
>>
>>17379601
Critical thinking skills, I guess? Along with how knowledge she is about a variety of different topics?

That's a tough question because there's different ideas of what makes anyone "intelligent".

For example, I think my girlfriend is one of the smartest people I know. But that's just because I find myself learning lots of interesting stuff from her almost every time we get together.

And because she gets publicly recognized for different accomplishments too, I guess? I don't think that should be general standard though, and it's by far not the only reason I'm into her.
>>
>>17379601
Being able think on her feet, problem solving skills, basic STEM skills, understanding of history and language, has some artistic knowledge, witty, charisma, etc.
>>
File: Nancy.jpg (204KB, 900x306px) Image search: [Google]
Nancy.jpg
204KB, 900x306px
Truthfully, it's her attitude about life.

My wife is enthusiastic and fun, laughs easily and smiles often. When she's around, we're all going to have fun.

Who wouldn't want that in their life?
>>
>>17379041
Fuck this is boring, and despite i'm more of a planner boredom is the one thing you must avoid in life
>>
>>17379665
>basic STEM skills
Lol okay, robot
>>
>>17379734
>not pair programing with your qt gf while she sits on your lap
absolutely disgusting desu
>>
sense of humor.
>>
Her smile.
>>
>>17378573
I don't really get 'oneitis', where I fixate upon one girl anymore, but when it happened in the past, it was owing to good looks, a sweet and submissive nature, and her being the initiator of affection in a soft and sexy way sometimes.
>>
>>17378573
I think you want this answer:

I have no fucking clue either. My tastes may change with the wind. I've fallen for hard to get and for vulnerable. Tall and short. Same race and not. Trying to be cute and trying to "be one of the guys"

SHIT, maybe I'm just easy.
>>
Common interest and personality
"You like [insert hobby or interest] I like that too, remember when..."

Also enjoying one's company without having to feel like you need to say something all the time. If I had a gf I could enjoy the peace with reading books or sleeping with or watching TV I think most I feel less shitty about life.
>>
>>17378573
It was in high school. We both weren't very bright, considering he had to repeat a course. Oddly enough that was the first time we had something in common. Not that we weren't smart but that although we messed up we saw it through and made an attempt to fix it.

2 replies and the story continues..
>>
>>17378573
When she likes me back.
I have no idea why women think theres something to being attractive other than being not fat and relatively sane.
The falling head over heels comes when im inside her. Considring i dont torture myself because being a man means that 90% of the people youre attracted to you laugh at you.
>>
>>17379601
This is really tricky. Most guys on here equate intelligence in a woman with their own "brand" (read: she thinks like me) of intelligence + whatever "intellectual" activity/skill is generally accepted to be in the realm of smart folk.
Honestly, intelligence is the ability to be adaptable in any given situation, having excellent problem solving skills and who are able to articulate their ideas in such a way that anyone can understand (which shows to the other person that you yourself know that particular subject or idea very well). These are traits found in people who read, who are in STEM programs, etc.
>>
>>17379041
>My wife belongs to me. She is my possession.
>But its the only way a truly monogamous relationship works.
The fuck you talking about, creep? This has to be bait.
>>
>>17378573
I had been going out with my girlfriend and i don't know when it happened. I was just looking at her one day and I just kept thinking how beautiful she is.

She's loyal, fun, and real kind. I think these did it.
>>
>>17378573
My attraction a girl usually develops from her physique, character and then her true self (which you usually only learn about after 4 to 6 months of dating).
1st she's gotta have a good butt, decent face, and nice thighs, so mildly fit i guess.
2nd she has to have a sense of humour, and nothing is better than a girl who can make a dark humoured bastard like me laugh, and she should be at least a little weird, and have some flavour of confidence.
3rd, i'd prefer she's decent in bed and not afraid to give and receive oral. hygiene is paramount. but she doesn't have to be blowing me within a week of dating.
4th is when you get to know her real faults and fuck ups and stuff. only then if i can get over these do i know i love her. or am falling in love.

I don't really get love at first sight, infatuation and desire, yes, but love is something else.
>>
>>17378573
>What pushes your affection to the next level ?

Usually I notice something in her that is not very common and that I share. Maybe even something as simple as liking a movie or a song, or behaving in a certain way in certain situations. Something that makes me feel like we're truly alike.

stupid example: I am sort of a weeb, and I absolutely love the first One Piece movie. I love the humour and the atmosphere, the fact is that nobody likes it that much, not even other hardcore fans of the series.
So some months ago I was dating this girl who was also into anime/manga, and we were at my place, cuddling and watching animu. We decided to wach that movie, and she started laughing at all the gags like they were the funniest thing she'd ever seen. As stupid as it may sound, that was the moment I really fell for her.
>>
>>17378573
I've been with the love of my life for 7 years now. Before her, I wasn't really ready for commitment. How did I commit with her? We didn't start out committed. We were dating, but I didn't do monogamy. We didn't fake it and start out as boyfriend/girlfriend; we let our relationship evolve to the point where we realized we only wanted to be with each other.

So what were her qualities? Low drama. We'd have disagreements, but we never really fight. If we disagree, we talk about it until we find a reasonable middle ground or understand each other. We don't always compromise, but we are both very independent and can run our lives in different ways, separately, where they don't match up. We are similar in many ways, but not identical. For example, our political leanings are close enough that we get each other, but different in just enough ways that can have interesting discussions. We like enough of the same music that we can enjoy it together, but enough different stuff that we can introduce each other to new things. Most important to me - we are both adventurous. We like to try new things, so we try them together. Every year we pick a new city we've never been to before, and go spend a week there. We just moved half way across the country to a city where we didn't know anybody and had only seen for a week, because we wanted something new. We have done a hundred things in bed that I never would have dreamed of with another girl. We are also both constantly self-improving. I don't ever think, "this is the best it will ever be, and we'll just get older from here." She is constantly learning new things, going after new experiences, trying to become better. That is a crazy turn on. We have fun together. Instead of listening to nagging, fighting about things, or even just vegging out doing nothing all the time, I always have more fun when she's around. I hope that helps.
>>
>>17378573
If she's a virgin.
>>
>>17382194
Oh, and I should add - she's in great shape. When you talk about love, there will be masses of people who want to pretend it's all personality. Personality is a necessary aspect of a working relationship and attraction, but physical attraction is an undeniable part as well. Dress well, as part of whatever subculture you want to be seen in. Groom yourself well. And don't be one of these, "real men love curves, so my rolls are sexy" -types. You might still find someone like that, but you would severely limit your options. I can't deny that a squatter's ass and a nutritious eater's flat stomach do wonders for me, and most men that I've known.
>>
>>17382137
>I absolutely love the first One Piece movie
Weren't the first movies even worse before Oda did the scripts?
>>
>>17382210
This. I fake it for non-virgins.
>>
>>17382222
>Weren't the first movies even worse before Oda did the scripts?
heh, depends on hich one you're talking about
movie 1 has a simple story and doesn't take itself too seriously, also manages to catch the adventurous atmosphere of early one piece IMO.
Movie 2 is pretty meh.
Movie 3 is garbage
Movie 4 is a bit of an Alabasta rip-off, but has a nice and quite original story.
Movie 5 looks like a bad fanfiction.
Movie 6 is not really one piece-esque, it's a lot darker and emotional. Usually people either praise it like the second coming of God Usopp or don't like it at all.
Movie 7 is meh-tier.
Movies 8 and 9 don't count.
Movie 11 isjust a 30 minutes 3d animation, but it's not that bad.
Movies 10 and 12 are the ones where Oda "did the script". I on't dislike them, but honestly they're overrated. Oda helped making them and it shows, but I don't like the fact that these movies are more geared towards showing off flashy battles and cool outfits rather than towards adventure.
Also they tend to overhype the antagonists, ad the menace they represent, so it's kind of a letdown when Luffy defeats them in 10-15 minutes due to time costraints. ffs Shiki was supposed to be Gold Roger's old rival, while Z was a former admiral.
>>
>>17382262
Hm, I only saw the Oda-scripted ones (and pretty much share your opinion on them, it's a shame how the legends got handled), also saw bits from some in the middle, one I don't even remember and the one with Zoros friend; and that stuff was filler tier, hell fillers like the Navarone Island arc would put it to shame. Although some movie had the same soundtrack as CP9 arc, might be worth it too, that was the 6th or 7th or?

Thought from the sound of it, I would enjoy the first movie, the early OP when the crew was smaller was probably the most enjoyable one. Got it somewhere on my hdd too, all that's left is to find a cute girl who's into anime.
>>
>>17382351
the one with Zoro's friend is movie 5. It's much worse than filler. Also the Navarone arc is awesome.
>all that's left is to find a cute girl who's into anime.
I'm sure you'll find her, Anon. Good luck.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.