[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling overwhelmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1253422293009.jpg (21KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1253422293009.jpg
21KB, 300x450px
Two weeks ago I got a promotion at my job. I've moved up from being Front End Supervisor (basically being in charge of all the cashiers) to an Area Supervisor (now in charge of a larger section of the store). During these two weeks I've had a panic attack, several emotion breakdowns both in and out of the store and a few thoughts of self-harm.

I've worked at the store for three years now and for as long as I've worked there, every manager that has had the position I now have hasn't lasted more than a year. To be honest, I didn't really want the position. I actually quite liked just being in charge of the cashiers. I was good at that. But both my store manager and the assistant manager made seem like I HAD to take the position because there was literally no one else qualified. The both assured me I'd be fine but I've received no kind of training aside from being told "Just MOD and keep doing recovery." and two days after getting the promotion I had to close the store by myself with no other manager in the building.

I have no idea how to do any of the paperwork managers are supposed to know, don't have my own alarm code (I have to use the Assistant manager's) and while I'm no longer the Front End Supervisor and they've promoted someone else to that position, they keep scheduling her for the truck in the mornings with the deliveries so I'm still being expected to keep up with all the cashiers and make sure they're up to productivity.

I feel like I should quit and get another job but I live in a seasonal area that gets dead in the fall and winter. It's impossible to find a job during that time and during the spring and summer it's all just part-time for that period. As soon as September hits, you're done. I'm super lucky to have a job that's year-round in this area but now I'm just not sure it's worth it if every day I come into work and just feel more and more suffocated and lost.
>>
Well If it hasn't been very long I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things with time and in turn you'll have the advantage of experience. Plus you get better pay right?
>>
>>17378058
Keep it for at least 3 months, if its as bad as you say it is, theb leave, if you dont like it but need the cash, keep it anyways, making money is better than being a lazy bumn
>>
Hang in there bro, managing positions can be terrifying at first, but with experience almost everything comes around, although that not knowing how to fill paperwork thing is worrying, maybe you should talk to your superiors about you not being qualified for that
>>
>>17378075
Yeah the pay is better. Plus I get health benefits which is good since I haven't been to a doctor in almost eight years. I'm just so tired of breaking down so much. I've been trying to tell myself I'll be fine and to keep at it but it always feels like something new crops up that I don't know how to deal with and I panic.
>>
>>17378087
I have. The excuse I've been given is "Well it's summer and this is the worst time to be training someone for this position but we'll answer any questions you have."

The main things I don't know is how to forecast for a truck delivery (which is every Monday through Friday. Occasionally Saturday if they send an extra truck) and closing the payroll which has to be done by noon on Sunday. They could've had me come in one or two Sundays to open with one of them but the Store Manager went on vacation right after my promotion and the assistant manager is going right after her. The only person left to teach me is the other area supervisor. She's tried showing me some of the stuff the two managers haven't showed me yet but because it's so busy on the floor with all the summer crowds we don't get very far.
>>
>>17378101
Well it's only been a few weeks, you're probably still trying to process new information and new responsibilities, you will get used to it for sure. Just make sure that you can tune out when you're not working and try thinking about other things. Listen to guided meditation or read a book.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.