[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got any stories about your friends who dissapoint you (in any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1301790359001.png (49KB, 976x548px) Image search: [Google]
1301790359001.png
49KB, 976x548px
Got any stories about your friends who dissapoint you (in any way) but you make it trough because you know, friendship (and how you did it)?

Tell me, so I can feel relieved, I'm having a really hard time with mine.
>>
Nah, you disappoint me once, it's over.
I don't need this kind of friend, and neither do you, OP.
Don't be afraid to cut people from your life.
>>
I got one.

We were friends for 10+ years.
All though highschool and beyond.
We rented an apartment together in college.
Lived together 5 years.

Then he met a girl.
We were both nerd losers.
He met her and had me come on third wheel dates.
After literally 3 months, they decided to get married that year.

Never had him as a friend since. That was 18 months ago.
We used to hang out every other day.
Watch good TV, movies, or vidya.

But not since then.

He got married 3 months ago.
Never heard of him since.

I feel emotions about that. We were like brothers but he chose her over me.
The saddest bit is that their relationship can't possibly last.
I can list you an arm's length of reasons why not.
But I'll be gone.
And then he'll be alone.

He let me down and that makes me sad. But that was months ago. He'll catch up soon and then what?
>>
>>17377715

nope

>be me
>things are strained with friend
>nothing particularly wrong but he transitions me out of alone time and only sees me with his group of board gamesr
>if other board gamers quit and im still free, he just says 'nah im too tired'
>relationship clearly reaching its end
>i develop brain damage
>he platitudes me the first day
>doesnt check in with me for a month
>isntead of asking how i am, what im doing, any luck fighting it, hanging in there, he just says 'board games this weekend?'
>cant
>never hear from him again.

havent spoken to him since may.
>>
>>17377721
I used to think like that. Now I understand people can make mistakes and it's about to choose those friend who really put the effort into not making mistakes and when they do, they try to make it up in a good way.

>>17377731
Happened to me but a gf scale. My friend realized that her gf was too demanding and sent her to the shit. Now everything is fine.
I feel you. Once you have decided to move one, it won't be the same even if you try. Too sad they use to realize that until is too late.

>>17377733
Woah, one way friendship. Sounds like the dude is an asshole.
By the way, how are you now? I mean with your health status
>>
>>17377788

better. the main issue was my brain stem wasnt quite connected the wayi t should have been. and its now very fragile. no roller coasters for me and even long plane rides fuck up my shit incorporated.

all in all im functional enough to run my business again which is great cuz that was the thing i was afraid of losing most. but parts of my brain that were affected by the brain damage are still healing so that sucks. my coordination is shit, i trip over cracks in the sidewalk. i get horrible fog and have trouble writing my stories which is making me really sad. and my memory is shit. ill write something down so i remember to ask my boss about it, but as soon as i say it ill forget i said it, and since he doesnt like to give direct answers, it will be forgotten until i look at the list again, assuming i do.

thankfully my boss gives zero fucks and thinks its funny so its not hurting me.

as for him, kinda yeah. but it snot necessarily his fault. i invested a lot more than him. maybe i shouldnt have done that. maybe i should have taken the many hints instead of investing even more in trying to fix it. maybe i could have been less annoying and it wouldn't have gone south to begin with.

its hard to say. im of course upset about it and want to blame him, but at the end of the day were all human.

i just wish the weird dreams about him woudl stop.
>>
>>17377715
OP's here

3 femanons friends at college, I'm the only man since my others bros are in different careers. We use to hang out every once in a while but I have to deal daily with the femoanons. They are cool, tho. But sometimes I feel displaced.

>They make plans for study or for buying stuff for the class
>They somehow forget to tell me ("forget" I dont know)
>Unless I approach and tell them to include me, they won't
>I decide to make the stuff on my own

The thing is, with non-college stuff like money, friendship, emotions and everything else they are there, they have helped me a lot when I got depressed and support me emotionally and have helped me to develop a better version of me and that's why I don't want to just cut them off.

What I have doing lately is finding another group of study with other equilibrated group (male vs female, in case that's the problem) and seems to work, but it hurts a little to be displaced, tho.
>>
>>17377816

thats really really really odd. were you invited early on and they just didnt find you a match for the study stuff? it seems odd that they're there on the personal level but not for the study stuff.
>>
File: 1436193200092.jpg (24KB, 604x450px) Image search: [Google]
1436193200092.jpg
24KB, 604x450px
I can't tell if I'm just being thin skinned or not. Basically my friend got a boyfriend, which is reasonable enough. I also expected us to spend less time together because of this, that we won't be doing as much stuff as we used to.

But then they started blowing off plans, generally an hour or two before the scheduled time. Hell sometimes I would get a text from them calling a rain check literally right as I was getting into my car. I've just been sort of focusing on my own stuff, and they're wondering why I don't want to hang out very much anymore. I feel like the issue should be self explanatory, but I'll admit I'm bitter about the situation.
>>
>>17377824
Well, now that you mention it, maybe. We all are smart in different ways, in case disscussions, group works, etc. we all match up nice, but when it comes to study, I need more time to actually compreheend something in order to learn it (not memorize it). They seem to catch the things faster. That's a valid point there. However they have never mentioned that.
>>
>>17377808
Good to know. My dad just went on surgery for something similar.

> i invested a lot more than him. maybe i shouldnt have done that.

You are so right in this. I should apply that to myslef.
>>
i'm not sure if it's uplifting or more depressing for me to realize that a decent portion of my friends were people only putting up with me when i was in the room

but so many people do this that i assume everyone is and now i can't form real connections with people because i know that they don't actually want me around deep down since that's what i experience in all of my compulsory social interactions. i still get invited to things once every few months but people rarely initiate conversation with me anymore and i'm not in a position where i have regular human interaction with people who i choose to interact with (so, as in, not family or work people)

i'm starting to think that it's everyone with an exception of people who i can count on 1 or maybe 2 hands. which makes sense because i'm a bad person, but it still kinda hurts. having friends is disappointing even if they don't do anything to disappoint you, because you could have been totally misreading the situation and putting wrong weights on the strengths of your bonds the whole time. it's hard OP.
>>
>>17377853
I'm one of the people who hates the last minute plan-changing/cancelling.
I don't think you're overreacting, but if they ask you could tell them what's going on in the most civilizated way so you won't hurt their couple-feelings. She should understand.
>>
File: i_hate_that_feel.jpg (30KB, 547x461px) Image search: [Google]
i_hate_that_feel.jpg
30KB, 547x461px
>>17377882

>putting wrong weights on the strengths of your bonds

It hurts even more knowing that.
>>
A friend of mine from high school that I was in love with for four years up until I graduated really disappointed me in college.

>Get to college
>Recently dumped her boyfriend
>Starts getting hit on by some guy she admits to having no interest in
>She goes out drinking with him on occasion because he pays for her drinks and takes her out
>Makes out with him a couple times and has zero intention to do anything else ever
>Essentially admits to me she's using him and that she feels bad about it

Shit pissed me off so much. I was super disappointed that she'd be that person and my perception of her definitely changed. I felt a lot of disdain for her at the time. Eventually, she cut it out after I told her how that was fucked. She didn't do that kind of shit again and I stopped feeling that strong disdain for her and she pretty much became my best friend. Still pisses me off to think back to that, though.
>>
>>17377915
I guess. It doesn't help I think the guy is extremely trashy too admittedly. I'm talking gets into fights consistently, does hard drugs, yada yada. I've definitely been viewing our friendship in a different light recently.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.