[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I being unreasonable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: desktop-1455910139.jpg (61KB, 650x875px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1455910139.jpg
61KB, 650x875px
I've been friends with this girl for over a decade. We have been arguing a lot lately, mainly about two topics:

>Her relationship
She has been dating her boyfriend for 2+ years. He's great, by far the best guy she has ever dated.
She cheated on him and tried to get together with this new dude. When he rejected her, she magically realized that her boyfriend was the love of her life.
She constantly bitches about him with me, they argue all the time.
I am very disappointed by her behaviours and I distanced myself from her, she says that I have no right to be upset about this since I'm not involved.

>Her career/university
She wants to drop university for a year to work as a waitress abroad. She needs to pass 2 tests to graduate. If she leaves, she'd have to pay 5k€ of tuition for courses she's not going to attend, and graduate two years late.
She asked me an opinion about this and I told her it was a waste of time, money and energy. She says she's unhappy with her life right now, I told her that running away from her problems for 6 months will just postpone the problems she has here, and she should work on the things that make her unhappy, instead.
She got insanely mad at me.

Am I being unreasonable?
>>
>>17377361

Nope. And if she tells you stuff and asks for your opinion, you have a right to express it.

But you already knew all of this, didn't you?
>>
>>17377401
I honestly feel like shit.
She has been crying for 2 days, calling me to yell at me, telling me she'll kill herself because she doesn't get my support for going abroad.
I think she's trying t guilt-trip me, but I wanted a second opinion and obviously it's not the kind of shit you can't tell to a friend.
>>
>>17377406

She wants you to validate her bad behaviour so once shit hit's the fan she can blame you.

So don't validate her bad bad behaviour.

Also she wont kill herself, but you probably already know that.
>>
>>17377406
>She has been crying for 2 days, calling me to yell at me, telling me she'll kill herself because she doesn't get my support for going abroad.

That's classic emotional manipulation and borderline abusive.

>>I think she's trying t guilt-trip me

Ya think?

Fuck that bitch.
>>
yeah man you're defo in the right but she will never see it that way, bitches literally cannot help but be bitches. its the way of the samurai
>>
>>17377421
Yeah, I know she wouldn't do anything that extreme. I am just pissed off. Being THIS fucking emotional just because I disagree with her.

>>17377425
>Fuck that bitch.
Lol, I wish it was that easy.
I am the only family she has since she is orphan, we grew up together, been best friends since middle school. I love her a lot.
I just can't stand this sort of drama.
>>
>>17377465
She is manipulative and treacherous, do you think the woman you love is the same woman she is?
>>
>>17377421
Wait! Not OP here,

Can you tell me more about people seeking validation for their behavior? Why do they do it?

How do you go about dealing with it? What is a calling card for someone seeking validation for their bad behavior?
>>
>>17377469
Sadly, yes.
It's unconditional love, in this case. She has been like a sister growing up, my parents adopted her when she was 16 and her mother died.
She is not the best person I know, and I am aware of it, but I love her truly.
She is acting like a manipulative slut, and wouldn't deserve my affection, I realise it.
>>
>>17377478
You are in for a long road of suffering, bro. She will use you like a drug addict uses people and you are going to hug her after it everytime.
>>
>>17377486
I know it. I am not willing to let her go, though.
I feel responsible for her. I promised her mom to take care of her.

I try to keep healthy boundaries between us but it's not always easy.
>>
>>17377488
1. Start ignoring her
2. She will try to confront you about it
3. Tell her she's a child seeking validation for her bad decision making
4. Tell her you're far too busy in your adult life to deal with someone like that
5. Enjoy a nice bowl of soup
>>
File: 1468886906396.gif (1MB, 388x369px) Image search: [Google]
1468886906396.gif
1MB, 388x369px
>>17377361

It doesn't matter if you're being unreasonable. She asked for your opinion and you gave it to her, unreasonable or not.

If she doesn't want to get advice she doesn't want to hear she should stop asking for advice.

Your friend is an idiot, as I'm sure you know, so as long as you continue to be friends with her her idiocy is just something you're going to have to deal with. Don't stick around, continue to be friends with an idiot and then act all sanctimonious and disappointed when she does idiotic things.

She's an idiot, its what she does.

Either accept her dumdum ways or find a new friend.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.