[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit and Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 142572804.jpg (140KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
142572804.jpg
140KB, 507x338px
A while back I was working as an overnight truck driver in the midwest. One night I was nodding off on the way back to the yard and fell asleep with the cruise control on. I woke up to a big thump and didn't think to stop and check it out. I went home and after a couple days the buzz around the small town was someone hit and ran someone on a motorcycle. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until months afterward and now its been over a year.

It doesn't haunt me or anything but I feel like maybe I should turn myself in and hopefully explain that I just didn't put the incidents together and get a smaller sentence.

Should I turn myself in or consider this a blessing?
>>
File: 1466508528746.jpg (187KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466508528746.jpg
187KB, 500x500px
>>17377269
Consider it a blessing?

Were there any scratch marks on the vehicle?
>>
>>17377269
Key excerpts from the DA's case against OP before he was sentenced to 10 years.

So you willingly were driving tired? Despite safety laws in this country that protect you, the driver, I'd you're tired? That's negligence. And you didnt even stop to see what you hit?! Did you just not care if it was a living thing?

Yeah, if you want a clean conscience, turn yourself in. But be prepared for felony charges and time.
>>
>>17377276
No, Lots of cows and deer in the road so we had these reenforced solid steel bumpers. I'm sure there was damage underneath but nothing out of the ordinary on the front.
>>
>>17377280
See, at this point it wouldn't be all that bad. I ended up getting most of that companies assets when they closed the door because of the declining oil prices. Since then I've built assets that let me live working a low stress nothing job and keep living upper middle class. So after I get out and pay restitution I can still live pretty comfortably.
>>
>>17377269

OP, your story isn't true. It's fiction, and it's lazy.

Here's what I don't understand: Why aim so low?

People telling the truth are stuck with whatever stories they have managed to accumulate in their brief time on earth, but people making shit up can say anything. Any fucking thing, any moral dilemma you can imagine, and the best you could come up with was, "hey, maybe I killed someone without knowing it. I don't feel any remorse. Uh, any reason I shouldn't tell the police?"

I'm not mad, anon. I'm just disappointed...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.