[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I have a panic attack or heart attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1452264715178.jpg (97KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
1452264715178.jpg
97KB, 640x361px
This happened a few months back. I had palpitations, chest pain, hyperventilating, trouble breathing and cold sweats. This went on for 10 minutes. Afterwards I was trembling for hours and had palpitations for a week.

The palpitations come and go. Recently I went through a bad bout of depression and had an almost week long binge of alcohol and coke. This gave me palpitations again. I went to the doctor and he told me there was nothing serious with my heart. However he did say the symptoms I had were common in suicide victims. He was pretty unhelpful and just gave me valium and Captopril( for high blood pressure caused by anxiety of visiting doctor, my blood pressure is usually normal).

I've been off drink and drugs for over a week. I can still feel my heart beating even though it's at normal speed ie isn't racing. Does anyone know what the fuck is going on? The doctor I visited seems to just think I'm mentally fucked even though I think it's serious. I'm 18 BTW, not overweight and no underlying health problems.
Thanks
>>
Yep, sounds like a panic attack to me.

Anxiety and depression tend to go together.

Lay off the caffeine/stimulants, get meds, meditate, etc.
>>
>>17376871
>suicide victims.
I'm sorry, but lol
>>
>>17376995
He was spanish so his English wasn't the best. You get the idea tho

>>17376991
Do meds actually work? I heard SSRIs can fuck your body up
>>
>>17377004
Not OP but I've had anxiety attacks for a little over a year now.

SSRIs seem to be tricky, and I wouldn't advise against taking them nor would I advise you to take them.

The meds do work, but there are side effects, you ARE affecting how your body processes certain chemicals.

That being said, I personally chose to take the short term medication (xanax) about 4 times (half dose and full doses). Didn't take more after that for 2 reasons
1. I would have to stop taking it eventually (docs wont let you have more cause it's known for it's addictive properties), and I didn't want to come to depend on it

2. I just couldn't function with it, I'd get groggy and fall asleep. Also on occasion it didn't seem to do anything.

But when it worked, it worked I could feel the anxiety disappear into nothing and it was great

The long term medication, (SSRIs) I didn't take for 2 reasons
1. You have to take them for a few weeks before you see any changes, and there are minor side effects during that period, and the side effects I did read about, i didn't like.

2. I didn't feel like my anxiety was spiralling out of control and I could handle this mentally, though it really is tough and took about this long to get to a more functional level

That all being said the effects of SSRI really do seem to vary from person to person, there are stories from both sides on how it's helped people return to a normal life again and stories where their side effects do hinder certain aspects of their life.

I'd advise OP to read more into the effects of medication and gauge his own anxiety and depression

as >>17376991 also mentioned

meditation does help, and so does exercise. Though for me, a recent treadmill cardio test and flung me back into my very early months of anxiety just from how intense and out of shape I was. (not a fatty)

Hope some of this helps though i clearly drawled on for too long
>>
Cocaine fucks up your heart contractions. Stay off it and you should recover.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.