[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD and Realty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 140178229076.jpg (42KB, 347x394px) Image search: [Google]
140178229076.jpg
42KB, 347x394px
Hey /adv/, this is a weird one probably, but I'm in the process of finding a place to move out to and I've come to the realization that realtors almost always show houses while wearing shoes, to prospective buyers who are wearing shoes. Because I'm a crazy person, shoes in the house is something that really bothers me.

So I guess I'm wondering - are house floors usually "sanitized" in any way after a house/apartment is rented/sold? If not, what's the best way to clean dozens of square feet of carpet/wood/tile/basement floor quickly without doing damage to anything?

I know it's a stupid issue to have, but I want to be comfortable in my own place.
>>
>>17376510
Usually no. But you can rent a carpet cleaner for pretty cheap from some grocery stores. Like 50$ for the day cheap.
>>
>carpet
steam cleaner
>wood
swiffer
>tile
mop
>concrete
broom
>>
>>17376522
>>17376519
Sounds like it'll be a bit of a pre-moving in project, then. Thanks, I'll check that stuff out.
>>
>>17376522
I'm not sure if I would really call using a swiffer, mop or broom "sanitizing".
>>
>>17376534
Mop with soapwater is good enough to pass my crazy person test.
If not a swiffer, what's good for wood surfaces?
>>
>>17376547
Those floors have probably been trampled on for years, but if soap is enough for you, might as well just use that. Odds are the people before you didn't clean the floors, and they probably didn't die.

To answer your question, it really depends on the finish. Sometimes you can use alcohol or bleach, the fancier ones are probably waxed so you'd have to find out and get specially designed cleaners.

Wood is annoying to clean. (I looked for a place without it. Carpet is gross too.) Tile and linoleum are best, with a few throw rugs here and there for comfort.

Be careful not to damage the floors if you're only renting, obviously.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.