[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Person made a false statement about something someone said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1454131182470.jpg (23KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
1454131182470.jpg
23KB, 400x541px
>Person made a false statement about something someone said
>Called said person out on it.
> everyone attacks me saying I'm in the wrong for hurting said persons feelings.
>Feelings now trump Facts.

This is starting to be a common thing. I call person A out for lying about something person B said. I told Person A that I agreed with a part of what person B said and told person A that they shouldn't lie about a statement.

I'm a bit tired of losing friends because I refuse to fuel their "I am a victim" mentality when they set themselves up and get caught doing so. I especially hate people who put words in peoples mouth.
>>
>>17376138
into the
>>>/trash/
it goes
>>
I'm tired of the victim mentality as well. I lose respect for people who tie themselves to it. You need to empathize with them, though. If everyone says you are acting like a jackass, you are probably asking like a jackass. In fact, your whole post is you putting words in people's mouth and acting like a victim! There are a few techniques you can use to help. The biggest is empathy.

Instead of attacking people straight out, explain that you understand them first. Say something they will likely agree with. Then move on to the straight truth. Help them see the other side. Perhaps they are misinterpreting the situation. Maybe there is something you can do to help. Save them from the victim thought process. Help them help themselves.
>>
>>17376151
Problem is I am starting to lack empathy for people who put themselves into situations then cries about someone hurting their feelings.

You would think they would agree that no friend should enable other friends when it comes to lying about shit. I have been walked on for so long, I kept my mouth shut but today I just snapped. the person Lied about something that was said and posted what they claimed was said for everyone to see and it showed Person B did not say it in the first place, that Person A was putting words in Person B's mouth.

>>17376140
My apologies, I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out which form this belonged to.
>>
>>17376173
I know how hard it is to deal with victim mentality. But please look at the stick in your eye first. You have more in common with this person than you think. You have put yourself into a situation (claiming someone is lying) and are now crying about how your feelings are hurt because of the situation. Now you are playing victim, claiming you didnt do nuffin.

You can be supportive while also defusing the lie. Both are possible, with practice and patience. You need to heal yourself before you can heal others.
>>
>>17376198
I have the actual posts of person lying, which I showed the person who was caught where they were lying at, I 'm just smart enough not to post it here.

My feelings aren't exactly hurt more than I'm just irritated with the situation. I Called them out for lying, pointed out where they was lying and I'm the bad guy for hurting their feelings because I should have just trashed person B like everyone else to make person A feel better because she took person B's comment out of context.

4chan actually deleted the last part of the post however, I wanted to know if I should stay in the circle of friends or move on? Because I really don't see the point of staying friends with people who put themselves in a position to have a rude comment made about them and then cry that some stranger made a mean comment acting like the person did not say anything to trigger the rude comment in the first place.
>>
>>17376198
What an absurd post. Don't listen to this person OP.
>somebody lied to you but you're just as in the wrong for being annoyed by no that!

Insanity.
>>
>>17376219
I cant tell if you should leave a group of friends. Perhaps they are truly a group of liars. Only you know that.

I've tried to give an argument for empathy. I hope you understand where I am coming from because empathy is the basis for human social interaction. If you truly can put yourself in their shoes, understand why they (possibly incorrectly) feel the way they do, you will be able have pleasant social interactions with them going forward. I'd urge you to try to come up with an empathetic feeling towards these people before giving up on them.
>>
>>17376231
I can see them feeling they were insulted if they took the statement at face value.

As I stated I've slowly been losing empathy for people because they do this repeatedly then scream about "that isn't what I meant" when caught doing the same things. Before hand I would just watch and move on but the past few months I have started growing angry when watching someone belittle someone else because they posted facts of a situation
>>
>>17376267
Its a cycial problem. They refuse to empathise with others, so you are now refusing to emphasize with them. Something will need to break the cycle. You can leave them behind in hopes of finding new people, or you can take charge and start injecting human emotion into the mix. Your choice.

Out of curiosity, what did each person really say, and what is being claimed that they said?
>>
>>17376138
Its my theory the amount of feels that saturates society this day and age is rooted in the spike millennial college graduates with psychology degrees.

You see, starting somewhere in the late 90s, the education industry went on a marketing frenzy. You heard things like, "you must go to college to make something of yourself"

The result was millions of millennials who are now parents themselves who have psychology degrees or similar education/career backgrounds that make up all kinds of mental conditions that justify shitty behavior.

-2¢
>>
>>17376274

Person A made a comment she was Beautiful and capable of writing a paper without plagiarizing (This was on a post about Trumps wife stealing from other speeches)
Person B said she wasn't beautiful and beauty was in the eye of the beholder.
Person A Proceeds to call Person B ugly

Person A then made the comments public, blasting Person B claiming she can't make a statement without her looks being brought into it despite her bringing her looks into it in the first place.

I agree Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (which I told them I did agree with that statement) But no where mentioned in the comments did he call her ugly, she accused him of calling her ugly based on the fact he said didn't see her as beautiful as Beauty was in the eye of the beholder.

Called her out on the shit and suddenly i'm the bad guy.
>>
>>17376288
>Person A Proceeds to call Person B ugly

>Person A Proceeds to call Person B ugly

Correction, computer deleted part of it it, Person A proceeds to accuse Person B of calling her ugly despite not saying it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.