[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went (somewhat reluctantly) to talk to someone about some problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: dsc_2528.jpg (198KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_2528.jpg
198KB, 900x600px
I went (somewhat reluctantly) to talk to someone about some problems I've been having with reality, and the response I got was mostly just "deal with it." You know.. that's life, welcome to adulthood, etc.

I just feel even worse now. I mean, I know I can't handle a lot of things, and I was already aware it's a little pathetic compared to other people, but I don't know what to do about it. Trying to be normal AND pretending everything is okay is really hard.

I go to school, then go to work, then deal with some issues at home, and if I'm blessed to have a few hours of free time I don't feel like doing anything. If this is how it's supposed to be, life is not worth living.

How do people even have the time or energy to have families, or friends, or hobbies?
>>
Yes, we all feel that way from time to time. I imagine you're feeling very stretched between all of your duties and responsibilities. Start carving out a space for yourself. It can be 10 minutes a day or five hours a week. Do something you've always wanted. Learn cooking. Write music. Meditate. Write a journal. Do what your heart wants because thats what we as humans do.
>>
File: resi.gif (461KB, 461x300px) Image search: [Google]
resi.gif
461KB, 461x300px
>>17374997
I do have at least 10 minutes a day, and I mean, you'd expect I would want to make the most of my leisure time, but I just really don't. Most of the hobbies I had required a bit of concentration, I played grand strategy games and stuff, and even just sitting down to watch an entire film, you need to focus a bit. I can't seem to manage that any more.

It feels better to use my off hours to just relax. I don't know how to cram my hobbies into a busy life. It just feels like more work, like I'm just doing these things because I have to, because I want to get them done, like everything else. I can barely be bothered to do anything that isn't absolutely required of me.

I don't know what happened. I used to be excited about things. Now I get a mild satisfaction out of watching and listening to other people have fun and talk about the things I used to like.
>>
>>17375081
One thing I find is the real and secret reason I get into a hobby is to talk to people. For example, maybe you had some friends who played grand strategy and you talked to them about the game. Perhaps you are looking for a new social activity.
>>
>>17375088
I used to be by myself with my hobbies. I wonder if it just stopped being.. enough.

You're probably right, but I wish you weren't.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.