[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1468206550884.jpg (86KB, 723x653px) Image search: [Google]
1468206550884.jpg
86KB, 723x653px
>severe social anxiety since age of 14
>no friends, a few acquaintances throughout highschool
>perpetually embarrassed in public
>physical anxiety symptoms
>started balding at 15
>made me even more reclusive
>getting highly noticeable at 19
>haven't left the house in over a month
>refuse to go outside

basically I fucked myself and now have terrible anxiety and avoidant traits, but on top of that I'm also balding and young which makes it very difficult to accept myself, especially since that just stacked the difficulty to ebin meme mode
>>
well op

its time you buy a wig.

I suggest the "Men's Wig Short Straight Synthetic Hair ", I personally like the style of it desu.
>>
>>17374862
You have one life... And by the sound of it , it's not getting better. You can either wait until you fix everything that's wrong with you or do what you wanna do right now , when your at the youngest you'll ever be , just don't give a fuck , everyone has some sorta mental disorder.

I'm balding aswell , 25. I chose to workout and if I'm going to be bald atleast be a buff bald guy , not some little insecure bitch about it.
>>
There's a pill for that. Talk to your doctor a out medical solutions that can possibly help with your hair issue.

Of course just fixing that issue won't help with you your other issues, which will likely still be there, but it's a start.

Generally the best solution to anxiety issues is exposure. Gradually, little by little, expose yourself to social situations. Even if it's tiny at first. There are also some medications that can help with social anxiety, but really even with them you still have to expose yourself to the situations.
>>
>>17374873
i'm trying to get that shit, just so I can wear it long enough to gain some confidence and life experience, but I don't have the money right now

>>17374890
they won't give me finasteride, I'm too young and they don't want to give me ED even if it's a small chance

I am trying to get antidepressants because I heard they desensitize you and make you more "numb" to shit, making you more willing to do things you hate (like talk to people)
>>
have you played pokemon go, op?
>>
>>17374873
>>17374901
oh by the way I'd rather have a "hair system" than an actual wig just because it sounds like you can just pretend it's your real hair since it doesn't come off

>>17374877
but you're 25, imagine how much balding has fucked up a sheltered highly introverted 15 year old kid with no social experience

if I started balding at 25 I would be GOOD
>>
>>17374904
i'm too shy to play it even though i'd like to
>>
>>17374901
I see Anon, but don't worry. As long you don't go /fully/ bald, you don't seem to have a need for it.
You could still play it, not like there's nothing wrong with playing it.
>>
>>17374909
You still like to have fun, though. Pokemon go is fun even if it means going outside. You are free and you can go where you please. Let yourself.
>>
>>17374916
yeah I guess, but I'm too physically nervous to leave the house at this point

I mean for every single event, thing I look at, feeling I get, etc, there is pages of verbal data going through my head. it's like i'm wading through water, and when in the presence of others, it's even worse
>>
>>17374901
I don't believe they work as well, but there are shampoos that are legit and are over the counter in the US such as rogain.

Antidepressants don't necessarily make you feel numb, but they can take the edge off and make it easier to jump into to situations because they can reduce those feelings of fear and anxiety you associate with social situations. And one of the biggest problems with social anxiety is the fear that you'll say something to make you look stupid. Because you stress so much about it you end up doing it. Which reinforces the fear. So getting the boost to just help you jump in without a lot of second guessing can help.

The Pokemon go idea isn't bad. I have dealt with my own social anxiety. I've been playing Ingress (by the same people that make Pokemon go, but has a much bigger social aspect) for a couple of years. I was really nervous about getting out there at first, but I found that I could be as social about it as I felt like being at the moment. If there were days I didn't want interaction with other players I could play totally alone. Gradually I got to know other players just like me and slowly became more comfortable. But even now I just like to play alone. I was actually disappointed with how little social interaction there is in Pokemon go. That being said, give it a try. See what Pokemon you have in your house. Maybe step outside and catch s few in your yard. No need to interact with others. You may find, however, that you really want to catch just one more, and before you know it you've been all over town! It tricks you into getting out because there's the motivation to get something, which makes you feel good and helps with your well being. Plus the walking aspect will help. Physical activity has consistently been tied to improvement in anxiety and depression in the the research. So just give it a tiny test run and see what happens.
>>
>>17374926
Tell me more about the pages of data.

You need to acclimate yourself to being outside. Do you think you could take your laptop or phone to your front or back yard, to sit in the sun and post on 4chan? That would be an great step of progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 988x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 988x555px
>>17374907
Man I been a shut in for most of my life , I couldn't even make eye contact with ppl let alone talk to them. Like an anon said earlier just push yourself into social situations , usually a job helps since you have a reason to be social. Once you notice how easy it is , you'll be good.

Balding at 25 sucks Ass man no lie , I can only imagine how you feel , but push yourself man , you're stronger than you think.
>>
>>17374926
Oh Anon, don't be so paranoid.

You shouldn't be that worried unless someone were to strike a convo with you.
>>
>>17374862
See a therapist and imply you have ADD. Dont make it obvious that your fakeing it, but take the written test and score enough points so its known that you are in fact: inattentive, forgetful, generally suffering from self doubt, etc.
They will give you Adderall. Dont accept ritalin, its dangerous. The adderall will help you tremendously, i know it helped me. From what you have said so far your alot like me accept i have 10/10 hair and good facial aesthetics. Oh one more thing, im also given lamotrizine, it helps my baseline anxiety.
Best of luck to you my friend.
>>
>>17374940
well I can go outside, it'll just be mildly uncomfortable to the point where I rather prefer to be inside. usually, whenever I'm in a situation that makes me very anxious, like being outside or around people, I zone into myself very hard and become completely detached from the situation until it's over. i've been doing this for years and it's created very npc-like interactions with people and me. I can only act like an NPC pretty much.

>>17374939
Yeah I could play alone. I just have this weird nervousness about it, like I don't want people to see me playing Pokemon GO for some reason. It's like whenever a rap song popped up on my playlist, I would hide my phone from the normies because I felt uncomfortable with them knowing I listened to something they liked while being so autistic and detached from what it's really about (parties, girls, etc). I don't know what the fuck is up with that but I always had weird irrational fears like that, like I can't let the normies know I have rap on my phone because I can't let them know that I listen to narcissistic braggarts because I envy their confidence, I can't let this kid know I like Anime too, I can't step on this crack because I told myself I would go to hell after I died if I did even though I really didn't mean to but I had to do it. It's weird superstitious shit like that

>>17374953
I have ADD, and take Adderall. I would probably still be asleep if I wasn't taking it. I used to use it for ADD, but now I pretty much use it for depression, like "today I don't want to feel like garbage so I will take the pill".

Anyways thanks for all your suggestions and help and what not, it gives me a tad bit of confidence
>>
Like someone else said, exposure is a big thing. I went from a highly successful and highly social career to being a housebound agoraphobic who couldnt even go in my back yard. I'm slowly working on recovery. The key is every day to get out there. If all you can do is open your door, then do that. Then tomorrow open the door and stay a little longer. Each day expose yourself and little by little you'll get there. You've got this!
>>
>>17374953
Yes the hair loss killed me somehow, I was actually mildly attractive before when I had good hair. That is why I feel so fucked up about it, I was attractive enough to have girls I was pretty attracted to in my early teens, but I wasted all those years doing nothing and now I'm ugly. I felt like I survived a bit better because people always treated me nicely but now I just think they'll think I'm creepy & weird
>>
>>17374975
I doubt you are suddenly as hideous as you imagine yourself to be.

Your posts indicate you are obsessed with how you appear to others. You have this image in your mind of how people perceive your looks as well as your interests and behaviors. The good thing is alot of those things you don't like are probably exaggerated. People probably don't care that you like anime or that there's s rap song on your phone. And most people don't think you are grotesque because you have thinning hair. You'd you really want to be with a girl that shallow anyway? Just be you. There will be people who like you and people who don't. Embrace those that like you and the rest can fuck off.
>>
>>17374989
Yes I'm not sure what to do about that

Although, plenty of girls around my age that I've got to know on the internet have told me that they don't have many dealbreakers besides balding. "I can deal with anything else" is what I've been told. Part of me feels like it isn't shallow of them to have a preference, but it sucks to be a victim of something so uncommon that it's almost reasonable for them not to be attracted to (or actually, pretty reasonable in fact).

I think there's a dissonance between my personality and what the "bald look" entails (mature, intimidating, domineering). I feel like I can't "pull that off" if I am internally just a child. I feel and act like a kid, so I'm not sure how that will hold up with people. So the people (and girls) that are okay with the slightly submissive, youthful personality will not be okay with hair loss because visually that entails the exact opposite, and the girls that are into bald guys will be turned off by my personaity.
>>
>>17375025
I'll say this but I know it's not an easy solution because I struggle with following the advice, but you have to stop over thinking things. You've already decided how other people will react to you without ever giving them the chance. Which is safe. Then you don't have to worry about being rejected because you've already made their decision for them. Well, until you take the risk you'll never feel the reward. You're right, if a girl isn't attracted to you it doesn't mean they are shallow.

Just be you and Iet people love you. The expectations you have for bald men isn't really accurate. Bald men run the gamut from submissive to dominant, from feminine to masculine. I know plenty of people under 30 with thinning hair. Many of them like anime, are shy, insecure, and a little OCD.

Regardless I am convinced there are plenty of people who would be good friends (or more) and who would lo love you if you give them the chance.u
>>
>>17375045
>I know plenty of people under 30 with thinning hair. Many of them like anime, are shy, insecure, and a little OCD

yeah at an anime con I will often see a balding chubby guy with a GF, it makes me feel weird
>>
>>17374862
Bald guys are hot, try not worry that much.
But if you really really want to stop it and it's still somehow savable stop using shampoo and go vegan
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.