[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vicodin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: cat.png (875KB, 605x795px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
875KB, 605x795px
I have a health condition that hasn't been identified as yet. It's been steadily getting worse for about a decade. I have menstrual pain that gets worse every cycle, to the point that I had to get morphine for it, meanwhile when I'm not on my period I get suicidal depression, fatigue, cold sweats, nausea, muscle aches, and insomnia. I'm going to doctors and such to try to figure it out, but it's all stopgap measures, especially Vicodin. For some stupid reason Vicodin is the only thing that makes me NOT depressed anymore, and I have had treatment-resistant depression for a decade. This scares me; I don't want to become an addict, I welcome feedback.
>>
>I like to bitch about my period, exaggerate physical pain, and I can't control my emotions.

Sounds like a very serious case of being a woman.
>>
>>17374774
I don't think a formal diagnosis of hypothyroidism and morphine and vicodin given to me from an emergency room is evidence of exaggeration. Seriously dude, I'm in trouble
>>
>>17374779
>hypothyroidism
Oh god, so you have made-up excuses about why you're fat, too?
Any American emergency room will give a whiny patient a script for hard pain meds, as long as you don't look like a junkie. Your pain diagnosis isn't as formal as you think it is.
>>
>>17374788
The disease never made me gain or lose weight; it mainly made me cold. I was wailing in agony, so I guess that's whiny enough.
>>
>>17374779
>formal diagnosis of hypothyroidism
Are you taking levothyroxine/other thyroid drug? If not, you probably should be. It doesn't sound like it would cover all of your symptoms, but I do know that thyroid problems can have serious psychological effects (you get fat and stupid, or skinny and crazy, broadly speaking--my father-in-law figured out he had thyroid problems when he tried to punch out his best friend).

What about taking hormonal stuff to regulate your period? Some birth control hormone compounds get rid of periods completely, or for months at a time; menstruation can also obviously be induced.

Depression, beats me. I take buproprion, it helps. Maybe you should try one of the more out-there treatments like deep brain stimulation (the moden version of ECT/shock therapy; mostly used for stuff like Parkinson's, but can be helpful for some kinds of the crazies--an old friend of mine had it save her from near-catatonic depression).
>>
>>17374864
Yep. Shit's balanced, supposedly, but there's something else wrong. I'm seriously wondering if it's Lyme thanks to the long-term nature of things
>>
>>17374779
Yooo. I used to have really bad menstrual cramps too, like to the point where I just couldn't get up to relieve myself.
I thought it was normal since all my doctors told me it was supposed to hurt. It wasn't until I was bleeding everyday for 3 months straight, that I got anemic and I got the courage to get a new OB/GYN. He did an ultrasound and stuck a probe in me.
I have thyroid problems as well, so when labwork came back it said my hormones were out of control over the charts. I was eventually diagnosed with policystic ovaries, endometriosis and I also had a shit ton of benign tumors on my breasts.
Go see your GYN and see if they can figure out what u got down there.
I had to be prescribed some really awful meds for the cysts and also birth control to regulate my hormones. It sucks but it helped my menstrual cramps by 1,000 fold
>>
>>17374770
Sounds like a hormonal imbalance. How you tried birth control?

Also, speaking as a vicodin addict, DON'T EVEN START. If you have started, ween yourself the fuck off. Emotional dependence only makes it harder to stop and not to mention, the body will follow.

What helps is exercise. No, really. If you can distract your mind and body from what's troubling you then everything will seem a little less tragic. Also, OTC stuff will help somewhat, only if to take the edge off.

But really, try going to different doctors for a second opinion. Has no body offered you the birth control option yet? Sounds like they're trying to give themselves the easy solution with your with vicodin.
>>
>>17374774
This is exactly the bait response I expected from this thread lmao
>>
Endometriosis?
>>
>>17374944
Thanks, I had a feeling it might be like that, but I wasn't sure. Exercise is out of the question; constant nausea and fatigue makes that a no. Different doctors sound like a plan, and I don't want to go on birth control because I was on it for a year and only afterward did I get these cramps from hell. Also my mom died of estrogen-dependent breast cancer; I'm not feeding that.
>>
>>17374935
I'm really glad you got the solution anon. Birth control is scary... I'm glad it works for you, but I don't know if I should be taking it thanks to comment above.
>>
>>17374770
Literally all your symptoms sound like vicodin withdrawl to me.

What I would guess happened is that you happen to have abnormally painful periods, you went to the ER and they gave you pain pills. Then you started taking them every time you had a period and built up a dependency. Now, when you try not taking them your period seems 10x worse because you are used to the pain meds.
>>
Differential diagnosis, people!
>>
>>17374770
This sounds very similar to my wife's case. Her depression never got QUITE that severe, but she did notice that stronger painkillers lifted her mood. Avoided Vicodin like the plague, because she's afraid of addiction, but even then she did have to go for it once or twice.

Her final diagnoses were severe dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, and polycystic ovarian disease. Unfortunately, some of these are tough to diagnose without surgery; final confirmation of some of this didn't come until mid-hysterectomy (at which point it was discovered that the endometriosis had gotten bad enough that it was starting to form in places it shouldn't and was gluing some of her other organs together).

Hopefully it won't come to that, unless you decide that it's something you want. But it may be time to start thinking about it, if you haven't been. It's something of a nuclear option, but damned if it doesn't get the job done. My wife just chimed in to say that it's been completely worth it for her.
>>
>>17376037
>I was on it for a year and only afterward did I get these cramps from hell
That's another thing that often pops up with polycystic ovarian disease.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.