[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tips for saving money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

tips for saving money?
>>
don't buy what you don't need
>>
>>17374515
Not spending it?
>>
Cook your own food, make your own snacks. Buy in sales and even second hand.
>>
If OP is having the problem of not having enough money to even start saving:

If in a hot climate or summer: mow people's lawns. If in a cold climate or winter, shovel people's driveways. Lots of people will pay to have that done for them.

Set aside a chunk of all money received money as automatic savings. E.g. 25c of every dollar gets saved.
>>
I set up my bank to take 200 out of every check and put it in a savings account. Builds up faster than you think, and you don't miss it if you didn't have it in the account.
>>
Make sure you aren't spending over 30% of what your income is. 40% if you're really pushing it and spoiling yourself.
>>
Do not put your money in a bank; rather put saved money in gold or silver something that will account for inflation, otherwise you will lose money as a result of saving. Furthermore, also create a portfolio 10-15% of which should be invested in gold stocks, the rest in developing markets (don't go US).

Really saving is no longer an option with fiat currencies coupled with central bank monetary policy.
>>
Start dating rich people. Take trips to rich college towns and hang out at the bars or wherever the fuck.
>>
>>17374791
Not OP, but why gold stocks? I'm not too market savvy but at the end of the day isint putting money into the market a risk either way? Since this seems to be financial advice time I was actually wondering about something myself.

How viable would it be to put money into my 401k up the maximum amount of matched money, and then convert the rest of my savings each cycle into silver? I've always seen physical things such as silver bars as a good way to save money since they arent readily spendable, but like I already said im not the most financial/market savvy person there is. Thoughts?
>>
>>17374802
A Roth IRA would likely be a better choice than a 401K because you will be able to draw your funds tax free.
>>
>>17374825
For employers is there a choice? I always assumed some offered 401k's and some offered Roth IRA's. I only want to put money into one or the other based on if my employer will match it. Once I reach the maximum value for matched contributions I was planning to invest the excess money into silver bars.
>>
>>17374849
It really depends on your employer. That being said, anyone can open a Roth IRA (check with your bank). I'd contribute enough to your 401K to get the max amount of matching funds from your employer and put the rest in the Roth. The Roth contribution is after tax and chances are taxes are not going to decrease between now and when you retire (if anything they'll go up), which is the primary advantage. Either way it's a gamble on the tax rate, whether it's lower now or in the future, but by not having to pay taxes down the road you are ensuring you'll have more on hand when you actually need it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.