[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have the right to be upset with my father?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'll break down pretty much all my gripes.

He made me attend whatever church he wanted me to, at one point making me leave one church I was fairly connected to cold turkey to attend the church he just joined. On top of that, he volunteered me to play in the church band as well as co run sound, without telling me. And on top of that, he made me attend church and volunteer while sick. I recall one instance in specific being bent over a toilet in a church bathroom vomiting as my dad entered the bathroom and stood outside the door telling me I was on in six minutes.

He made me completely stop talking to my best friend of (at the time) about 7-8 years with no notice to my best friend (who recently lost his father), due to him being almost robbed (some kids at school came to his doorstep attempting to steal some designer clothes he had, and I happened to be there when police were called). About 2 years later my friend lost his mother to breast cancer, leaving him at 17 living alone with his brother. Luckily I kept in touch secretly, but my dad, despite knowing of his situation, was actively against being on contact with him, because he "attracts trouble".

I'm currently a closet atheist, as well as a closet homosexual, living with my parents still. I work, and plan to move out soon, but currently I still go to church every Sunday, and am active in the band.
I recently had two teenage girls at our church (one 17, the other 18, and I'm turning 19 early September, for context) try to pretty much spark a relationship with me. One of them, as a way of being less subtle, told me my dad told them I needed a girlfriend. After asking the other girl I friendzoned if he did the same to her, she said yes.

I could probably think of something else, but at that point it would be me just being melodramatic. Any opinions?
>>
>>17374449

why not? does it really matter if you have 'the right' to be upset?

you are upset.

if you move to socal though hit me up anon
>>
>>17374468
I mean just because I'm upset doesn't mean he's in any wrong. I'm on here more or less to validate my being upset. If someone responds me giving me a good enough reason to not be upset, then I probably won't be. I hate drama, so I'd rather not be mad.
And sorry, I live nowhere near socal, and I'm broke as hell. Lol.
>>
>>17374479

>>if someone responds me giving me good enough reason not to be upset, then i probably won't be.

thats a stone cold lie, and you know it. you would disregard and argue the point and continue to feel the way you do. and im not saying you shouldnt or that its a bad thing. it just comes back to my point:

does it matter?

it doesnt. no matter what you're going to feel upset with your dad cuz no matter how you rationalize it, it upsets you. you could rationalize six ways til sunday saying 'well thats the law, there's literally nothing wrong with what hes doing, morally or legally'. but that doesn't make the nigger feel any better about his master whipping him to go get cotton.

you're going to be upset no matter what cuz you feel slighted by him.

>BUT MUH VALIDATION

then yes, i agree, you do have 'the right' to be mad.

>i hate drama, so id rather not be mad

thats not what drama is, and being mad or upset with someone doesnt have to elad to drama. im upset with my father cuz he left when i was 9 and told me he had no choice (also a stone cold lie). but just cuz im upset doesnt mean its drama.

>no where near socal
>tfw no bf to be in the closet with
>>
Your dad is being an ass hat but he means well, so try to take it with a grain of salt. However if you have reservations about the idea of coming out to them you should probably wait until you've moved so that you can get some distance from them. Best of luck.
>>
>>17374490
And being mad is an intrinsic right of yours. You have every right.
>>
>>17374489
I'll agree that I'll probably be upset with him no matter what someone says about it, but I'm not really trying to be persuaded into being indifferent or okay with him. I'm just saying if someone were to put forth a decent enough point/reason not to be, I would be open to having my mind changed.
Kind of like I currently wouldn't go searching for a chocolate milkshake, but if someone gave me one, I wouldn't decline it.
It matters because I don't want to have to visit on holidays holding a grudge over something I might be being melodramatic about. I used to rationalize it all until the whole church girl thing happened, which kind of made me think back, and rethink my rationalizations.

Also when I said "do I have the right", I wasn't speaking in a legal sense. Of course I am protected by US Law under the first amendment.

And me being mad kind of leads to drama down the road, because if I stay mad and distance myself from him, and he wonders why, it could possibly come to drama if he confronts me.

And ik the feel of no bf
>>
>>17374535

ur giving us two stories here mate.

you are either mad or you are not. if you are mad, act the way you think is wisest, not the way you think is 'right'.
>>
>>17374566
I am upset, but I don't know if I'm being melodramatic or not.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.