[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prison.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: Fatal_Store_Robber_1317624a.jpg (35KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal_Store_Robber_1317624a.jpg
35KB, 600x554px
I spent 5 years in maximum security state prison. 16 of those months were in solitary, 10 of those were straight.

Im only 5'4" but was respected by everyone, guard or gang member, and came out with my anus in tact.

Been living 3 years as a somewhat free man. I made roughly 70k last year AFTER I finished paying off legal fees and the government and victim.

>here to ask any questions /give advice related to prison/post prison life and life as a felon.
>before you ask why, I got into a bar fight with a 17 year old who snuck in with a fake ID WHILE I was waiting for the response for my boxing license. I was hit with attempted murder and a host of battery with a deadly charges. They wouldn't have stuck but I took a plea as opposed to possibly spending 20 years in prison for attempted murder on a minor.
>>
Why did you get into a fight? Couldn't you walk away?
>>
I'm a lanklet sperg.

I don't plan on committing any felonies in the near future, but if I ever end up in prison, wat do?

Also, how did you survive solitary?
>>
What was the weapon you used? Let me guess, a beer bottle?
>>
>>17374186
What do you do for a job?
>>
>>17374220
It was at a bar and one of the kids friends hit my buddy in the head with a beer bottle and the kid tried rushing in on him and touched his button and knocked him out and broke his nose. It all happened in 3 seconds and after me and my buddy beat the shit out of the kid who hit him in the head with a beer bottle.

>>17374223
The first time someone 'checks' you or tries to call you a bitch or take your food at lunch, don't hesitate, you will get a little bit of solitary, but hit em.

Dont accept anything from anyone. Thirsty and the guy next to you offers you a cup of water? Stay thirsty. Nothing is free and if you can't pay you run into problems.
If you can get people on the outside to send you books.

Most importantly, do not trust anyone. Don't hang out with more than like 2 people at once. And study. Keep your mind focused.

The first few months were bad but they changed guards and this sweet guard gave us all bibles so I read the bible..don't believe in it but it was good to just read something.

When everyone else flooded their toilets with the bible I kept mine and the guard kept giving me a new book once every 2 weeks since she knew I wouldn't flood the bathroom with it. But its not the place you want to be in.
>>
>>17374229
My hands. A licensed boxers hands are considered deadly weapons. Which is why war machine is facing life in prison
>>
>>17374245
Sounds brutal.

I have anger issues and I'm scared that one day I'm gonna seriously hurt somebody and end up in prison. I need to work this shit out in therapy.
>>
>>17374239
I co own a pressure cleaning company.y cousin and I inherited it from his dad who passed away shortly after I got out because he and I knew the company like the back of our hands.
>>
>>17374253
So go to therapy. Or box or get into sports. You don't want to get your anger problem fixed by a judge saying your are state property for the next few years, or worse, life. A lot of guys I was with were attorneys, doctors, marketing guys who just snapped one day and did some serious harm to people, and it was 90% of the time their loved ones.

I was just drunk in a college town during college football season. I didn't develop anger issues until I went into prison and got them fixed the second I got out once I got a breath of fresh air.
>>
How'd you manage to make it so well afterwards? My understanding is that once you're out of prison, you're branded for life due to your criminal record, so I'm curious about how you made it work.
>>
What was it like leaving? What was the first thing you did?
>>
>>17374273
See
>>17374257

>>17374274
I went to tootsies, went to the second floor, and got a 'shoulder' rub.
>>
>>17374186
Did they use the argument that because you're a boxer your fists are lethal weapons?
>>
>>17374186
Where did you go to prison?
How are you making 70k?
What do you mean by 10 of those were straight?
Did it drive you nuts living in solitary or is it nothing like it is in movies?
Is it hard to find work, place to live where you are with a criminal record?
>>
>>17374329
Yes

>>17374352
Florida
>>17374257
I mean I spent 10 months straight in solitary.
Its much worse than the movies.
It is. But I'm in a much better position than most convicts out there. I live in a pretty shitty part of town but other than that I'm in very good shape.
>>
How has your time in prison changed you?
>>
Any answers to questions you wish you were asked? Everybody probably asks the standard stuff, what was it like, did you have to fight people, etc. Anything you want to answer but nobody really asks?
>>
You've already said you were respected and weren't raped, but did you hurt/rape people while locked up?

Did you have to sign on to some Aryan Brotherhood or similar bs? Did you have people you considered friends, or was everything just power hierarchies?

One thing I've noticed, being in a similar (but completely different) situation, is that the thing that's hardest to explain is cultural. It is kind of like traveling to another planet, and then you come back and you get this feeling like it's an entirely different mindset.

Cultural norms get shook up completely and it kind of sticks with you.
>>
>>17375383
I'm unfriendly, and have a shorter fuse. I'm also pretty much a shut in other than work and my girls house.

>>17375424
No ones ever asked me how my family viewed/treated me after.

>>17375430
Yea which is how I got time in solitary and more time added to my sentence. I get into a real bad fight with a new guy who thought I was soft and was trying to prove that he wasn't and left him in real bad shape. I've wrote to him and apologized for it..

Honestly the biggest cultural shock was the amount of educated black/Latino men in there who had learned to read and write in prison. One cat was there from the age of 17-25 and had learned to read, write and had earned a degree in prison and was reading war and peace before he left. He put me on game to Hemingway. But its weird knowing people in the USA who don't read or write.
>>
What was some strange/unexpected things you saw? People you met?
>>
>>17375443
>No ones ever asked me how my family viewed/treated me after.
so, how did your family and friends treated you?
>>
>>17375443
Did you ever run with a gang? Was was the yard like?
>>
How did your family treat you? Was it different interacting with people in general between before/after prison?
>>
>>17375454
I saw an 18 year old waiting for a solitary cell to open get a frozen water bottle shoved up his ass.

>>17375457
Gangs aren't a temporary thing you join. Its for life. I wasn't dumb enough to join one. The yards alright. I played alot of basketball and taught people how to box.

>>17375456
Good at first. I'm estranged from most of them. My mom in particular is someone who I don't speak too at all. She's tried reaching out but that relationship died.

My uncle and my cousin and father were he only people I was cool with. My father live in India tho for work and will be there for another few years. I'm not at any Thanksgiving or Xmas get togethers which sucks especially coming from a huge Latino family. I have a lot of cousins I haven't met who were born while I was in prison and their parents don't want tme to meet them..
>>
>>17375491
What was eating lunch like? How did you decide where to sit??
>>
Is it possible to make any 'real' friends in prison?

Speaking of such, the friends you had previous to prison, have they kept loyal overtime or are now also distant/gone?
>>
Thinking of working with prisoners. How real is the prison sexual violence meme? Does it just tend to be penetrative shit?
>>
>>17374186
you killed a child. I just hope you feel bad about it and try to handle the situation differently if it happens again.
>>
Do you feel at all bad for what happened and have you distanced yourself from violence after being in prison?
>>
I'm calling bullshit on OP.

Boxer's hands are not under any more constraints than anybody else. That's a movie ploy.
>>
>>17374186
How did you deal with solitary?
>>
whats your best advice at dealing with assholes and loud mouth people?
>>
>>17375553
Sat next to my cellmate/other Latinos who weren't in gangs.

>>17375574
Yea I made a couple friends. I still call them once in a while.
>>17375575
Its real, but its not a rape house that people make it out to be.
>>17375586
If by kill you mean broke his nose okay.

>>17375626
I do and don't. I got fucked because this douche bag was in a place he was 4 years away from legally being in and literally looked for trouble and found it. In hindsight I would have let him beat my ass, kept my boxing license, and sued his rich attorney parents.

>>17375724
Yea no, that's not a movie ploy. I really wish it was.
>>17375808
You don't. You let it deal with you.

>>17375854
You ignore them, and if they say something to you or that directly involves you, you lay the hand on him.
>>
was your nickname shortfuse becuase you box and is a dwarf?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.