[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I am ready for a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x321px
I am a 19 year old shut in and am starting to think it is a good idea to obtain a significant other while I am still young.
The thing is I will not settle for someone desperate. I am not very attractive either.
I have tried okc but it turns out that dating sites are not meant to be taken seriously.
I do not leave the house. I do not like dating/sex culture in general.
I would like an intelligent respectable man who will treat me like the lovely young lady I am. A kindred spirit. Yet I do not know where to go about finding him. There has to be a classier way to meet someone likeminded online. I try to make friends on smaller forum websites of my interests but i seem to not pick up friends easily there either.
I am deeply depressed and think that having someone special to share ideas with would help things a little bit. Any advice?
>>
Nice b8

But if you're really not a troll can you tell me why you deserve someone who's attractive when you say you're not attractive? Or why you don't want someone desperate when you're depressed and most likely desperate?

You don't sound ready for a relationship.
>>
I am not a troll. I never said someone attractive. What I meant was I am not tradionally attractive to most people. The experience I have had has been with desperate people amd they were manipulative and not loyal; thus me finding out i'm likely asexual.
>>
>>17374285
and btw appearance does not matter all that much. All though at some respect, basing judgement on entirely that is obviously shallow.
>>
20m, fresh out of my first relationship, fairly similar position.

Don't force yourself to fall in love. If you're a neet, I assume you play games all day, or something. If you don't want to work (ie. actually leave the house), don't want to use dating apps, then just play games all day and pretend to be a dude, meet other dudes online, become bros, eventually come clean. That way you know they like you for personality and not looks.

The problem is that guys online will probably be desperate if they're in a position to you and are open to relationships found online. That being said, desperation can be a good thing in moderation. A lot of people you find online will be in the position of 'I'll never find someone', so when they do find someone they'll treat you like a queen.

Just don't be like my now-ex who initially found me while doing this, and break up with the person you find because you won't let them help you with your depression and your self-loathing gets the better of you.

You'll be your own biggest enemy in this search. If you just want to find a guy, it's really, really, really easy. If you want to find a non-desperate guy while not leaving the house, it'll be hard.
>>
>>17374500

In a position similar to you*
>>
>>17374169
You need to be a quality lady if you want a quality man. You just can't be this 4/10 shut in and demand a genius who is a +7/10 and that is liked by everyone. You need to be realistic here and date another guy who is a shut in as well and not very attractive.
>>
I really appreciate this advice and insight.
Pretending to be a guy online is something that I have done to make friends and made me realize that there are guys who really want genuine friends and a majority of who they talk to is other guys, not girls.
I find this a useful thing to do. However, I do not really play games as much anymore. I am in college and working on my career goals. What is holding me back mostly is social anxiety and fear of driving.
It seems like tere are not too many other places than on soc or games to do this method because some of my hobbies are more traditional and less common. It irritates me when people have dating as their first priority.
That sucks though I am sorry to hear that. You seem patient with a good attitude, so lets hope the best will come to you eventually.
>>
>>17374500
keep forgetting to add post.
Also, in the future, hopefully when I do get out of the house, where would be a good place to look that is not a bar/club?
>>
>>17374544

Like I said, I'm in a similar situation. I was a neet when I first dated. Now I work, and was working for the relationship, but honestly. that's probably a good place to start. You don't necessarily have to go out to find people, but if you are out when you find someone, that's good, too.

I'd say good places to meet people would be at work or at a place where your hobbies take you. If you meet someone while gaming, you know that you'll have gaming in common. If you meet someone while playing sports, you know you have the sport in common. If you meet someone while massacring a school of people, you know you both hate childrens and/or teens. You shouldn't force yourself to find someone, just do what you enjoy and find someone while you're there. Also, take it with a grain of salt, but a friend of mine found the person he'll be marrying on Tinder over a year back. So don't give up on dating apps right away, but remaining skeptical is fine.

You're young, you have far more options to find a guy, than most guys in your position would be able to find a girl. Just do what you enjoy and it'll come to you, especially if you're looking while you do it and remaining open.
>>
>>17374592

Meant to say that because I was a neet, and that I'm still reclusive outside of work, I'm not sure where to go. But those are good places to start.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.