[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White knight syndrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: naturalremediesfordepression.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
naturalremediesfordepression.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
For some reason I always end up liking broken girls, i like making them feel loved and protected.
I can't bring myself to liking happy people who always had it all in life.

Is this a bad thing? Could a good relationship ever come out of this or should I reconsider?
>>
>>17373716
Sounds pretty slimy to be honest famalan.
>>
any other opinions?
>>
>>17373788
I can relate but not exactly the same.
>>
>>17373817
so, what's your personal experience? Is it possible to have a good relationship with someone who comes from a difficult past?
>>
>>17373895
I relate on the sense that i emphatize much more and like people who have being abused. It makes me not want them to suffer, whereas i don't care much about other people.
>>
>>17373788
yeah youre full of shit

nonbroken people are just so far beyond your reach that your ego has made up this "I only like broken girls! :^)" nonsense to protect itself from the harsh reality that well adjusted people would never settle for you
>>
>>17373923
Nail on head.
>>
>>17373923
I don't know, maybe?
I don't think it's exactly like that.

It's actually not just in terms of girlfriend, even for guys, i find it easier to be friends with people who've had it harder in life, or depressed people, rather than people who always had it all and are happy.
Conversations with the former are usually deeper and more real, i feel like they actually got a taste of the world and aren't living in a bubble.
But for girls especially, i guess i like feeling like a protective figure. I also volunteered for some time at a counselling thing so I think I relate to these people more.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is unhealthy or if it's perfectly fine
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 215x235px
>>17373923
Why so hostile?
>>
>>17373954
Wanting to be protective is cute, just make sure you're not being a predator by looking for vulnerable girls.
>>
>>17373954
Like the other anon have said, and I agree. You're just a faggot who has nothing to offer, and that normal people are beyond your reach.

You trick yourself into thinking it's a good cause. However, the truth is you're so weak, that you're only able to prey on vulnerable people.
>>
File: 214.jpg (33KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
33KB, 615x630px
>>17374003
>>17373938
>>17373923
>>
>>17373954
>It's actually not just in terms of girlfriend, even for guys, i find it easier to be friends with people who've had it harder in life, or depressed people, rather than people who always had it all and are happy.

Yeah, it's universally easier for everybody to befriend losers. You're not some special snowflake loser-whisperer my friend. Lower quality of person = lower barrier of entry. Beggars can't be choosers, and all that.

>Conversations with the former are usually deeper and more real, i feel like they actually got a taste of the world and aren't living in a bubble.

That's because losers wear their bullshit problems on their sleeves and are an open book to anybody who's willing to give them the time of day. Well-adjusted people don't need to "get deep" with near strangers because they already have vetted and trusted people in there lives they can go to for that.

>I'm just trying to figure out if this is unhealthy or if it's perfectly fine

If you like one-sided relationships where the other person is just using you for support or as an ear to vent their problems towards then you're fine.

I dunno dude I know I'm coming off really negative but in the past I was exposed to a bunch of shitty people after living a relatively sheltered life around more well-adjusted people. So I understand the allure when someone you barely know is opening up to you about their dad raping them and shit, but after a while the novelty wears off and you just wish they'd shut the fuck up and work through their bullshit on their own. Some people never get tired of that shit of tho I guess. Just don't expect them to give a shit about your problems when the shoes on the other foot. Losers don't work like that.
>>
>>17374033
So basically you, and presumably the other edgelords in this thread, are projecting the pain you experienced when you opened up to someone you shouldn't have and they hurt you?
>>
>>17374003
preying on vulnerable people? Lol whatever dude.

I wouldn't say I'm a "faggot who has nothing to offer", I'm moderately rich/good looking/educated, I like helping people in need so i volunteer a lot, and i've been considering stuff like adoption a lot. I like the idea of taking someone from a bad place and making their life better. I'm just wondering if that's a bad way to look at relationships or if something good may come out of it.

I'll be more specific, while volunteering i met this girl.. she was abused and forced into prostitution.. fucked up shit.
But when i talk with her I'm so attracted to ehr. She's incredibly smart. She reads a lot. She spends all her time volunteering now, and she's just such an amazing and bright person. But she's still dealing with PTSD and all, so part of me tells me it could be stupid to start a relationship with her. She said she does want a proper relationship, but it would definitely be much harder than a relationship with a "normal" person
>>
>>17374041
Nobody ever "hurt" me, I just realized that I was giving more than I was getting with those losers and smartened the fuck up.

But if you wanna frame it like that (like a butthurt faggot), then sure go ahead. I just call it drawing from life experience.
>>
>>17374049
Would you say that you generally find "normal" women untrustworthy? "Fake"? Conniving?

>>17374052
You sound bitter.
>>
>>17374033
>>17374052
thanks for the imput
(i'm not >>17374041 btw ).

I definitely see how it could become one sided, and how you may get less support for your "smaller" problems cause "muh rape".

On the other hand it seems fucked up to me that i'm considering not dating someone great just cause that happened to them. Punishing them even more for something they had no fault in..

But i guess you must also be selfish sometimes
>>
>>17374059
I don't "sound" like shit. You're reading words on a screen, dipshit. You can conveniently decide what my "tone" is to suit your own agenda.
>>
>>17374059
I wouldn't say "untrustworthy".
"fake"? in some cases.

The thing is from my background I've hung out with several girls and guys from very wealthy families, very lucky and spoiled people.
But then for my interest in volunteering and my time spent on the web i ended up meeting people who've had it much harder in life, and now i find it harder to relate to those better-off people.

So part of me is like "be selfish, marry for the money and connections, even if it means marrying a dumb hoe", while another part of me finds pleasure in helping people who weren't as lucky in life, and thinks it would be great to give someone unlucky the opportunity to live a much better life.

But i'm afraid i could be making my life miserable. I was with a girl with severe depression once and i do not intend to repeat that experience
>>
>>17374090
so now you think yourself as some noble gift
you're so damn pretetious t b h lmao
no one thinks of you as being charitable, compassionate, just creepy as fuck going for broken people. please die.
>>
tl;dr - don't do it.

I'm speaking from ten years of experience and three long term relationships with broken girls, the most recent who was my girlfriend of six years and recently fiance. She moved to Australia, felt safe there and decided she didn't want to come back.

The long and short of it is that you can give all your time, love, affection and care, but it is russian roulette because from what I've experienced, you are just a crutch for them.

Either you will get sick of the manipulation, the effort, the demands or all three. Or you will be discarded once they realise they don't nees you to be happy.

Broken people make broken people. Just stay away from them, better yourself and learn how to be happy in yourself because you should never rely on the existence of others to have self worth and happiness. Happy people will come to you that way and those relationships are fantastic.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.