[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody have any tips for working the cash register?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I'm gonna be working at a cashier for a grocery store after I finish my training but I still feel clueless about shit like WIC checks, rain checks, emptying the till, knowing all the codes for different things, and other shit

can anybody with experience cashiering at supermarkets give me some tips or knowledge?
>>
File: heyyo.jpg (49KB, 472x612px) Image search: [Google]
heyyo.jpg
49KB, 472x612px
Cashiering at first can seem really overwhelming, but overtime you'll become better at it.

You'll more then likely fuck up a few times on your first week as a cashier, but as long as you have someone around you to help you out and guide you, you'll be fine. The main thing to remember is to always keep your cool around the customers even if they are being rude.

As far as WIC checks go, I remember having to deal with two different types of them. There was one where the customer would get a certain amount to spend on fruits and vegetables and couldn't go over the limit. The other type was of check that had a list of items they could get at any price as long as the brand was approved by the store. Rain checks were a lot simple for me, all I had to do was write the item down on a piece of paper with the sale price and an expiration for the actual rain check itself (typically most stores give you a month to use them).

Also make sure to give change first, then money + receipt. It's annoying as hell when someone hands you your change and crumpled up money at the same time.
>>
People'll piss you the fuck off.
>>
>too dumb to work a cash register
I'm laughing at your life right now.
>>
>>17373715
I love cashiering at my store. You'll learn the PLUs no problem; they become second nature. I will die knowing that bananas are 4011.

I think the most important thing to do is make customers feel like you give a damn about them and then they'll be more likely to be patient with you if you need help with something.
>>
>>17374698
>I will die knowing that bananas are 4011.
I feel like this is international, I probably don't live where you live and that's what it is here too. Is broccoli is 4060 too? Those are probably two of the most common PLUs
>>
>>17374698
>>17374707
Walmart here, can confirm that bananas are 4011
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.