[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cultivate non-autistic social hobbies that require me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: archery.jpg (114KB, 943x1100px) Image search: [Google]
archery.jpg
114KB, 943x1100px
How do I cultivate non-autistic social hobbies that require me to leave my house?

I'm tired of looking at a screen for most of my day.
>>
Start with baby steps. Is there something you've always wanted to do, but lack of knowledge prevented you from doing it? There are so many beginner classes for everything, and you can meet great people there.

Your OP pic for example, archery. Plenty of newbie archer classes that provide you with gear and lessons. I met one of my now great friends doing that (I was admiring his bow at my first time at the range. He made himself, and I commissioned him to make me one. 4 years later, he's now known as a world renowned bow maker). Another example: sword fighting. Always wanted to learn how to do real sword stuff, not larping, so I found a HEMA club. I'm in the club at CSU Fullerton even though I don't go to the school and I made friends with a lot of people.

Those might be considered autistic examples, but it got me exercise, out of the house, and actually related to my interests.
>>
>>17373656

Try camping out at renfaires. It's seriously awesome, and aside from the "crazies" you'll meet a wide variety of some of the coolest people you'll ever know.

And it's crazy easy to hook up if that's your thing.
>>
>>17373656
>How do I cultivate non-autistic social hobbies that require me to leave my house?
By picking up such a hobby. I bought a bass and a small amp 2 years ago. Tried learning it myself, started taking lessons, met people through those lessons, met people through practice and rehearsals, started going to musicians clubs and bars, got in a band, etc. All of that because I decided that actually learning an instrument was a better use of my time than getting good at rhythm games and touhou. Just do it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.