[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quit my job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1462030416815.jpg (10KB, 261x223px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462030416815.jpg
10KB, 261x223px
Long story, but last week i dropped everything and quit my job on the spot. No drama, no big scene or anything, but i was just pushed past my breaking point. (The owner of the store sent me in to talk to him about how i need to start "helping out other departments" even though my own department consists of me myself and i and i can barely manage to keep that running smooth)

Like i said, long story, but im the best worker they had. They didnt expect me to quit, but i did. I took off my vest, took of my badge, handed it to the owner (who sat there in shock) and i said goodbye and i walked out.

A week later, several of my bosses have sent me voicemails begging me to come back. My department is now vacant, and two other departments have to co-manage what i used to do, and apparently its chaos and theyre actually losing fucking production since i left.

/adv/, do i return? I havent really been job searching. They payed me well, but they treated me like absolute dirt. I could negotiate things but i dont really know what i should do at this point. Quitting that shithole was entirely satisfying and i feel like they would win if i came back.
>>
What kind of raise are they offering if you come back?
>>
>>17373558
No. They fucked with you, they pay the fucking price. They will not change if you come back. Let them suffer for their insolence.
>>
>>17373558
I'd say go back, ask for more money and just work there temporary until you get something better and quit.
>>
>>17373558
Only go back if they pay you double what you were making before. Otherwise, don't do it.
>>
>>17373730
this x1000. They fucked you over, so go and fuck them over. Fair play OP you sound like a don.
>>
>>17373564
None. They just want me back. Although they want me to "talk" with them tomorrow. Who knows if that entails extra pay but i imagine not
>>
Where did you work OP
>>
>>17373558
Negotiate. Just don't be a prick and demand this and that because you now know they need you more than you need them.

Look to have a good working relationship. You're still going to be an employee, they'll still be your boss. You should look to make a scenario where everyone - you, your boss, and all your colleagues - will look back at this and think someone just made a mistake and everyone moved past it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.