[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What advice would you give to a to be college student?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1451424575987.jpg (44KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1451424575987.jpg
44KB, 301x267px
What advice would you give to a to be college student?
>>
stop the anime, go out, meet people, network
>>
Get in and then get the fuck out as soon as possible.
>>
File: I miss tribes.png (131KB, 406x439px) Image search: [Google]
I miss tribes.png
131KB, 406x439px
If your parents are paying for it, might as well study. Don't know what to say, I saw so many people party and do shit while I studied and now I kind of regret not knowing people

Best advice I could say is do connections so you can land jobs later on; Not joking here. I made almost 2 or 3 connections at best and now I'm struggling to find a position. Might as well kill myself thanks to no social skills.
>>
>>17373196
Dude, you do not regret being in college, and college related institutions for 8 years to get your BSc. + MSc.

An enormous amount of people fail, be happy you got your shit done and that you're done with the bullshit for this life.
>>
>>17373196
not OP, but what do you mean with "connections"?

Basically people that are relevant in the industry, or just average people that might help you in the future, or am I completely missing the point?
>>
>>17373241
both
id even say networking is more important than the actual diploma
>>
>>17373241
Not that guy, but in my case, the guys who were my seniors when i enrolled were running bussniesses when i got out.

Some peole got hired just by having shared a beer with these guys on a few parties. It's good to know people. It gets you past all kinds of recruitment bullshit you might have to deal with otherwise.
>>
>>17373266
Excuse my spelling btw. Im not from murrika.
>>
>>17373274
not a problem. In fact, you don't even have to excuse yourself. This isn't reddit or some forum, as long as people understand your point everything is fine.

You get (You)'s because of what you write, not on how you present it.

>>17373266
>>17373253
thanks for the insight.
>>
Not OP but I need some advice also.

I am 24 and attending college soon, I don't remember anything from high school. I suck at math and science really bad. I am not good at studying (don't know where to start). I feel so uneducated I am terrified, I think I have to take a placement test also before I actually start.. I am not really concerned with making friends.
Oh, and i am solely relying on financial aid as I have no funds to put towards schooling currently.
I don't know anything about college or what I want to do, sos help
>>
Do your work.
>>
>>17373176
Fuck your passion, go for something practical. Your passion is and was always meant to be a hobby
>>
>>17374135
Shitty advice.

You can study your passion, but just make sure you have a plan for how you plan to get your foot in the door. And, depending on your goals, you may want to consider grad school.
>>
>>17373176
Student loans follow you into death, pay them off before you die.
>>
Stop screwing around. You screw around too much.
>>
>>17373438
Khan academy to get caught up on math. It's been a lifesaver for me. I've been studying on my own pretty consistently over the summer because I want to do electrical engineering, but I didn't remember much past algebra 2. I'm pretty much caught up and will be taking calc next semester.

As for college advice in general, my dad told me to treat it like a 9-5 job. So during that time frame, only go to classes and study, and nothing else, don't get distracted. If you do this then you probably won't have to make yourself miserable and frustrated by pulling all-nighters.
>>
>>17373176
Enjoy yourself but still study.

Network like FUCK so you actually have positions open to you when you graduate with people who know people. That's the biggest thing I regret; I never really made an effort to know people who know people and even though my degree wasn't useless, I never made an effort to find a career afterward.

Had to do retail for the last 2 years making shit money, but now I'm working on getting my Flight Dispatcher's license and applying fucking everywhere since they're in demand now.

Don't just party and study, meet people who know people who can get you a real job.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.