[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am completely humorless What makes a funny guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1438930020490.jpg (116KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
1438930020490.jpg
116KB, 462x700px
I am completely humorless

What makes a funny guy?
>>
File: humerus[1].jpg (126KB, 843x1080px) Image search: [Google]
humerus[1].jpg
126KB, 843x1080px
>>17371697
I dint get your fancy shamancy degreez
>>
>>17371703
oh sorry it was truly a random picture
thumbnails aren't working on my computer so I just clicked away and that's what popped up
>>
Generally, a good sense of humor comes from cleverness. If you're just not clever, there's not much to be done. If you are, there's hope. Try watching some comedy shows and see what people respond to. Also, British comedies might work for you. They tend to have a dry tone, it might be easier for you to get into. Don't copy, just look for patterns in subject matter and cadence. Maybe you'll pick something up.

I also like good natured humor better than mean humor, because it's easier for other people to get in on the joke, since they won't feel guilty about it or get offended. People offend so easily.
>>
apathy (shhh it's a secret)
>>
>>17371799
I was afraid this would be the case
I've blamed my humorlessness on being too invested in things and taking things too seriously- a lot of the time, even when I would laugh at something, I manage to think about it in a way that makes it sad or tragic instead of funny
>>
Watch the simpsons. See the patterns. Attempt to recreate the patterns irl.

Considering the ammount of jokes in this show you'll surely find one pattern that will work
>>
I'm naturally funny, my humour mostly extends from my awkward nature, and ability to connect unrelated things in hyperbole.

For example, my colleague was talking about networking protocols and I said "Did you know Bluetooth was a pirate?" and told him all about Harald Bluetooth. A little later on, I went over to his desk, where he'd written a diagram of his bluetooth connection architecture and drew pirates on it.
>>
>>17371697

Practice. You need to be around funny people, and struggle with your humor. It takes time to develop, and you will have moments of awkwardness and times when your jokes fall flat. Work through it.
>>
>>17371697
>What makes a funny guy?
Shitty life. The worse the better for your humour; well, unless it's bad enough to off yourself. Humour is just a defense mechanism against stress.

>>17371876
That's a good advice too. With enough practice you can make the moments of awkwardness work for you either way.
>>
>>17371933
Basically this

Most of the genuinely clever and funny persons I know are fucking rotten deep within emselves
>>
>>17371697
I don't know what makes a funny guy.

But a mushroom is a fungi.

(Yes, I know it's fungus, but that kills the joke)
>>
>>17371958
Eh.....some, not many in fact unless you mean rotten inside like they're a bad person.
>>
Every successful standup comedian had some kind of miserable childhood, or is generally depressed for one reason or another.

I prescribe at least 10 existential crises.
>>
>What makes a funny guy?

Finding funny people whose sense of humor hits notes familiar to you

Download a bunch of stand-up specials by very different comedians and watch them if you're desperate
>>
>>17371933
>Humour is just a defense mechanism against stress.
Dubs knows the truth.
>>
>>17372273
This is only funny if you don't know how to pronounce fungi (fun-jai).

>>17372331
Not OP, but if this were true, I would be an extremely successful comic. Instead, I don't have a funny bone in my body.

Inb4 any humerus puns

>>17371933
>Humour is just a defense mechanism against stress.
I wish I developed humor as a defense mechanism instead of taking everything seriously.
>>
>>17372646
All chickens are birds but not all birds are chicken.
>>
>>17371697
Pain
>>
>>17372681
I prefer the more relatable "all psychopaths are sociopaths, but not all sociopaths are psychopaths".
>>
>>17372681
Alright, could I at least be Batman/Bruce Wayne then? My lack of humor rivals his.
>>
>>17372990
Are you a multi-billionaire trained by a secret worldwide organization of ninjas?
>>
>>17372646
>instead of taking everything seriously
How does it work as defense mechanism? Taking shit serious only makes it harder.

>>17372990
He got some nice deadpan lines in almost every medium. A main character without any kind of humor is a hard sell, specially if you can't balance it out with an amusing voice like in literature.
>>
>>17373127
>How does it work as defense mechanism? Taking shit serious only makes it harder.
If you're always on the lookout for people having fun at your schools are, you won't fall for any of their shit, that's how.
>>
>>17373392
*having fun at your expense
>>
>>17373392
Sounds like the bullies in your school sucked at their ... err job. I didn't fall for the obvious shit after the 5th grade but it didn't really stop them having fun at my expense ... if you got the numbers, and stand on the right side of the popularity you don't really need a reason or anything to give somebody shit who is on the wrong side.

Aww, wish I had the "this is all a big joke" attitude back in HS.
>>
>>17373478
Can't tell if you're mocking me or not, but I was never popular. It didn't stop them, and it certainly didn't stop them from trying to exploit my gullibility. They just tried to turn things on me and say I was being an ass…when I had good reason not to trust others. Hell, I still have trust issues cause of this! Anything I said could and would be used against me. I guess this is why I'm a very private person to this day. Wow, I just realized that!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.