[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x650px
Neet here. 20 y/o, what the fck should I do? I really want to be a musician, and still do, but want to make sum good money. Being a musician can be unstable and my parents keep telling me I'm setting myself up for failure, especially without a college degree. I'm thinking about plans that will put me on the road to getting a stable job however, I don't want to do any work that is -that- hard. Any suggestions? My cousin manages shipments for Coltene toothpaste, and gets to travel/has free time while just supervising people. That sounds pretty interesting.
>>
id recomend finding an office job for now and on the side if you really want to be a musician try posting your stuff on youtube. If it takes off then you can quit your job, if it doesnt keep the office job. Maybe you can earn some revenue on it, maybe itunes or amazon albums.
>>
>>17371245
>My cousin manages shipments for Coltene toothpaste, and gets to travel/has free time while just supervising people. That sounds pretty interesting.
I bet your cousin has a work ethic that you couldn't even dream of having that got him/her where s/he is
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
maybe so.. I think he stumbled a bit too in the beginning, winded up going to community college and landed a good job. We both come from families with drug problems. I don't feel like I'm dumb, I've just been so focused on music I haven't really tried pushing my potential in any other directions. And because of that fact, I might be a little autistic at a real job
>>
>>17371245
>>
>>17371245
Hey man I'm a musician and somewhat successful (tour regularly, 3 albums out with tens of thousands of downloads each, solid local following and large international fanbase through blogs about our music and stuff), and you should definitely go for it. HOWEVER, you should secure yourself a source of income. Nothing makes something you love suck like depending on it for money. It isn't hard to do both, and just because something isn't your only job doesn't mean you're not doing it professionally or "for real."

I work at a grocery store right now and it pays the bills well and is flexible enough during the off season (e.g. not during thanksgiving-christmas) that I can take all the time I need for music. I used to have a straight up 9-5 Monday-Friday office job but it got to be a little grueling when we had to play shows all weekend and I could never get a day off, but now I have a schedule that works for me.

What are you into besides music? Or rather, what about music do you enjoy? I've found that you can tap into the processes and types of thinking that underly your passions and use them to enjoy other, more marketable stuff too.
>>
>>17371245
Be like me, get learned in audio engineering and work for a studio/start your own studio. You can make music at the same time and it's a related field, so you can always be working with audio and music. It's a win/win.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.