[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life essential skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
I am soon turning 23 and I am going to move out. I started to realize that I know nothing about life like cooking, washing your clothes, personal finance, folding and ironing shirts...

What are some essential skills/knowledge to have when you are on your own? How to be more independent?
>>
Managing your money is the biggest thing and should be your main concern until you are very confident you have that under control.
>>
>>17371954
How to? The only thing I know is

>put money in bank
>some money in savings
>pay credit card

And my parents manage my money in a another bank
>>
>>17370837

I would suggest getting familiar with how bills work, especially for rent and utilities, you need to know how to write checks.

Cooking isn't the hard part it's getting your groceries, what do you like to eat and what can you afford?

washing clothes is ez, you can wash most of your shit together excluding delicates, white/light colors and warm colors, preferably always in cold water.

you don't need to fold if u have a closet to hang shit up in.

Keep your fucking doors locked and your keys on you at all times, that's the greatest advice.
>>
Set aside a 2 hour block in your week for groceries and housework. Cook a few different meals that freeze well once a week so you don't waste time cooking for one every night.
>>
>>17371961
Figuring out how to make more money month after month is the key thing. As in actually increasing your revenue.
>>
>>17372013
Ok I already got that figured out. What's next?
>>
>>17372045
Well besides managing money and keeping your doors closed. It really isn't too hard. Cooking will happen if you enjoy it. Or you find yourself a lady friend so you can cook together. Not sure where you're from, but keeping some sort of weapon in the house is always good in my opinion. Enjoy the ride mate!
>>
Figure out how to get mom to come over a couple times each week. Have her bring groceries, cook a few meals and tell her to get the laundry done while she's there.

Also not to go in if you leave a tie on the doorknob.
>>
File: 1285132081778.jpg (2MB, 1263x4981px) Image search: [Google]
1285132081778.jpg
2MB, 1263x4981px
>>17371961
mrmoneymustache can help you with your money, just google it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.