[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nicotine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (7KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 197x256px
Hey /adv/
Any advice to get off of nicotine?
I used to smoke around a pack a day (5 years or so). I tried patches, gum, nothing worked... Until I started vaping... It worked like a charm; haven't had a cigarette since. The whole point was to stop everything entirely. I just can't seem to put it down... Every time I try the thought of another drag consumes me... 4chan isn't exactly the first place I would go for advice but hopefully someone else is or has gone through something similar.
>>
I think you have to learn to hate it. start focusing on all the negative smoking has on your body, which is a lot, then eventually you'll just get sick of them. I'm down to around half a pack a day but I have quit completely yet. will be monitoring
>>
>>17370671
Just quit. Cold turkey. That's literally all there is to it. Yes, you will feel like shit. Yes, you will crave nicotine. Yes, it will get better after the first few days. Yes, it takes years to completely overcome it.

Deal with it.

>Source: Smoked a pack a day for 10 years, quit 5 years ago.
>>
>>17371720
how do fend off the cravings? just power through it? I'm already a stressed out guy, and I go to smoke if I'm feeling particularly strung out.
>>
I listened to a podcast not too long ago where a psychologist studying this talked about their research. All they had the participants do was think about the act of smoking while they were doing it. Not negatively or anything like that, just be consciously aware of the whole act. How you feel when you're craving, why you're lighting up, how it feels physically and mentally to take a drag. A lot of the participants reported that when they actually did this exercise they didn't actually like smoking at all, and were able to quit on their own. Idk, it's worth a shot.
>>
>>17371720
>>17371757
This guy's got it. You can change the delivery mechanism, but you're still hooked on nicotine. And nicotine's a nasty bitch. Like he said, just quit. And also like he said, you will feel fucking terrible for a few days to a week. After that, you'll wonder what you were making a big deal about. Yes, you just power through it. If you need something to replace the oral action, chew gum. Also, drink a lot of water. You'll be fine.
>>
>>17371792
I believe that. Mindfulness is powerful in a lot of contexts.
>>
>>17371809
same anon here, I've cut back to around half a pack from a full pack and some change a day. it's not so bad now, if I have a craving I'll just tell myself 'wait, you can smoke one later but not now', and that helps not smoking as much, knowing I still have some I can smoke whenever I want, but I need to get in the mindset of quitting all together, and thats gonna be a bitch. I'm gonna call my insurance cause they offer a smoking cessation pack with patches and shit, maybe that'll help if it gets bad enough, for an emergency or something
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.