[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ghosted??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1467339425934.jpg (21KB, 409x352px) Image search: [Google]
1467339425934.jpg
21KB, 409x352px
so i've been seeing this guy from okcupid for a few weeks now. i was with him saturday night into sunday morning, then that afternoon we had plans to go shopping (his idea) after he was done tutoring. i went home, got ready, then when he got out of tutoring he texted me saying he forgot his friend's birthday and had to go to dinner with him, but wanted to reschedule. i was disappointed and kind of got a bad feeling, but just sent a simple "that's fine" and he suggested we go shopping tomorrow afternoon. in the same message he also asked me to go to the movies with him and his coworkers wednesday. meeting coworkers seems like a big step, right? my disappointment immediately vanished and i agreed. i was thrilled!

early this afternoon he texted me with the movie time for wednesday and asked how my day was going. i responded shortly after, didn't hear from him for a few hours which is par the course when he's at work.. then more time passed, nothing. started to feel worried again. around 7 i asked him "also what time are you picking me up tomorrow?" and still no response

now i know you guys can't read minds and there is no definitive answer. really i just needed to vent more than anything. but really, would a guy do all this if he wasn't interested in seeing you anymore? should i assume the worst and brace myself for ghosting? or maybe something bad happened, like he lost his phone or there was an emergency. right now i'm resisting the urge to text him again or call him. it fucking sucks being stuck in limbo like this

i should also add that on sunday he deleted his okcupid profile; i had deleted mine a week ago, just googled his every so often to see if he was still active, which he never was. we'd also agreed to exclusivity last week
>>
nobody's touching this one huh?
>>
I didn't know guys ghost girls.
The opposite happens so often.

I guess you subtly turned him off and he didn't have the guts to say "err no thanks bye"

I dunno what to tell ya.
>>
>>17370645

>>17370645

Yeah, just wait. Since he's texting less than you, don't initiate contact. Make him chase you, even though you're "exclusive." I know it sounds like a game, but it's actually for your sanity as much as anything... trust me on that, it feels better to be the one leaving him hanging for a few hours, and he'll be able to handle it most likely. You're freaking out needlessly -- you heard from him THIS AFTERNOON! haha
>>
>>17370645
he just wants to show u off as eye candy. gives u roses then stops talking to u after hes done with u. does the same thing again when he wants to go outside with a girl.
>>
>>17370645
all you can do is accept it and move. Or in more harsh words, get the fuck over it :)
>>
>>17370645
no body responded cause guys dont like to admit that theyre douchebags (im a girl and have experienced this before)
>>
File: 1468896454558.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468896454558.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>17370756
yea us wiminz dont need no dirty men
>>
>>17370756

We can be. Women can be shitty too. No one knows what the fuck is going on though. I've stopped talking to women for good reasons and shitty reasons and I've had women stop talking to me for good reasons and shitty reasons.

People are pretty terrible sometimes.
>>
>>17370756
>cause guys dont like to admit that theyre douchebags

I bet this happens WAY A LOT MORE to guys than it does to girls.

I met a girl in a park where I go jogging, talked exchanged numbers and I said I'd text to set up a meet, when the day came she used the usual excuse "it's my [insert family member]'s birthday"...This is usually the lamest excuse people use to put off plans they don't want to commit to but I was like, "Okay you lemme know when you're free"...and then nothing for 2 weeks, I see her on the park, we make eye contact and she walks past me, I realize that I'm way too mature for this nonsense so I stop her and be all friendly to her. We talk and everything's fine and I ask her, "Did you get my text by the way? What happened?" and she's like "idk hehe" pulls out her phone and goes right to where my text is and says, "Oh yeah I saw it, I was just too lazy to respond" and tried to play it off as a joke but I wasn't laughing, said some pleasantries, gave her a hug and tongue in cheek said, "let's actually do something some time"..."Yeah for sure totally!" then left. Haven't bothered to contact her ever since and neither has she cause she also knows she's full of it.

If that's not the most douchebag thing in terms of communication then I don't know what is. And this isn't unique to just one girl, lots of them think this type of behavior is the norm. Ghosting, flaking, canceling plans, postponing meetings they never planned on attending anyway.

My post sounds like someone who is really butthurt but I'm really not, I can understand why, but to assert that guys do this more than girls is absurd.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.